Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_userinfo()

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Anyway, the field is missing. So you can create it or restore the 4.2.3 database and wait until I can get to your ticket. Or you can continue to not follow the support advice given.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• chaeberle
      • Nov 2004

Wayne,

I appreciate your help. However, I'm lost at your last remark. What advice have I not followed, please?

I've granted FTP access to the test site, I've restored my test database to a 4.2.3 version, and I asked some clarifying questions about the field that's missing. I've also copied up backups you requested in the support ticket so that you can get access to those.

What have I missed at this point?

Chuck

Comment

• chaeberle
        • Nov 2004

I think I nailed down what triggers the
        Invalid SQL:
        INSERT IGNORE INTO session (`sessionhash`,`userid`,`host` ,`idhash`,`lastactivity`,`location`,`styleid`,`languageid`,`loggedin`,`inforum`,`inthread` ,`incalendar`,`badlocation`,`useragent`,`bypass`,`profileupdate`,`apiclientid`,`apiaccesst oken`,`emailstamp`)
        VALUES('925713322c07a2a5fdd7928847d3a30c',0,'74.107.86.183','a2add197c959bbda2dd9f4cd3a048 53c',1442583218,'',0,1,0,0,0,0,0,'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0',0,0,0,'',0)
        /**session**/;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'emailstamp' in 'field list'
        error.

If I go to my test site page w/o doing anything else just mytest.mydomain.com then I get that error, so I'm guessing that vB5 is looking for that column when it tries to set up a new user session but the column isn't there yet cause it is new to vb5 and hasn't been added yet.

So probably not anything to worry about afterall.

Now if we could just get to the bottom of this null in fetch_userinfo...

Comment

• chaeberle
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by chaeberle
          Wayne,

I appreciate your help. However, I'm lost at your last remark. What advice have I not followed, please?

I've granted FTP access to the test site, I've restored my test database to a 4.2.3 version, and I asked some clarifying questions about the field that's missing. I've also copied up backups you requested in the support ticket so that you can get access to those.

What have I missed at this point?

Chuck
          Seriously? What did I miss that's stopping you from helping?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Nothing. I haven't gotten to your ticket yet except to ask for what I did last night. I need to set aside a block of several hours just to start looking into your problems.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ordovicium
              • Nov 2001
              • 4.2.x

I tried also an installation on a XAMPP Server. Same error. The only thing which works, is a blank installation.
              Sorry for my English
              Let'z talk German

Comment

• Ordovicium
                • Nov 2001
                • 4.2.x

@Wayne: Should I also open a ticket or might be one enough? The only issue, I can't go back to 4.2.3 without contacting the provider. Only he is able to run terminal commands, which is necessary for a 2 GB database. I took also several hours to reach this point where the error pop-up. I don't think you wanna repeat
                Sorry for my English
                Let'z talk German

Comment

• chaeberle
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  Nothing. I haven't gotten to your ticket yet except to ask for what I did last night. I need to set aside a block of several hours just to start looking into your problems.
                  So you just felt like accusing me of not doing what you asked ?

Comment

• chaeberle
                    • Nov 2004

Well you live and learn. I had no idea that I could refresh upload.php and it would pick up where it left off. So I'm trying that on a 2nd test instance now.

Comment

• chaeberle
                      • Nov 2004

So for anyone else encountering this - just refresh the page and let it keep going. It happened 1 more time to me, and I did it again and let it keep going, and it was ok.

Comment

• kavih
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 5.0.X

Having the same error here (the Fatal one). Wayne Luke, any update on the ticket you created or will you at least post the link to the ticket? chaeberle, the upgrade won't get past the Fatal error for me, regardless of how many times I refresh the upgrade page.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Tickets are not something that can be shared. Each ticket is unique to a customer. You can create your own by clicking the submit ticket link below.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• kavih
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 5.0.X

To fix the Fatal Error (for me), I inserted the following line of code (in red) in ...core/install/includes/class_upgrade_500a28.php, line 305:
                            Code:
                            if ($startat >= $maxPMTid)
                            {
                                $this->show_message(sprintf($this->phrase['core']['process_done']));
                                return;
                            }
                            [COLOR=#FF0000]vB_Upgrade::createAdminSession();[/COLOR]
                            $nodeLib = vB_Library::instance('node');
                            Apparently the vB_Library::instance('node') call triggers user authorization, which needs a session. Hopefully creating the admin session works as a fix. What do you think Wayne Luke

UPDATE:
                            The upgrade stopped again with the same error. In the same file, I had to insert the same line of code on line 617:
                            Code:
                            if ($startat >= $max4VM)
                            {
                                $this->show_message(sprintf($this->phrase['core']['process_done']));
                                return;
                            }

[COLOR=#FF0000]vB_Upgrade::createAdminSession();[/COLOR]
                            $nodeLib = vB_Library::instance('node');
                            Last edited by kavih; Fri 2 Oct '15, 2:35pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

I think you shouldn't edit the code and the install system will automatically create the AdminSession as needed. It tells me that you're lowest ID admin isn't a Super Admin listed in the config.php file. However for further help, you need to create a new thread as previously asked. We do not like trying to support multiple users in the same topic. It gets messy and no one gets the support they need.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment