Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dashdbn
    • Jun 2015

Help with install and restore of backup of cloud

Good afternoon to you. I have the following issues/ challenges with my installation with the vb5 product. 1. I downloaded the files as requested after the payment went threw 2. In the documentation, it says that this version can create the config.php by it self 3. I ran the install and followed all steps including creating my sql databass etc 4. All went well and the forum was successfully installed 5. I requested a backup of my vbcloud site 6. Backup was sent threw 7. My localhost converted the databass in to a usable mysql databass 8. They provided me with the user name password etc 9. I changed the names in config.php the localhost guys also made sure that it was correct 10. After uploading the new config.php file, the site will not load. I first had a number of redirect errors well this is what the local host guys say. They can not understand what is going on here. 11. Is when changing the config.php file back to the original document, the site will load. 12. Is it isential that both image and avatar files that were sent via backup are uploaded first before trying to access the site? 13. We are really at a loss and would like some assistants If you think the problem can be resolved, kindly advise us or, if it cannot please indicate to me how I can get one of your support guys to do the install. If there is any one on the forum that can offer some kind of advice please do Looking forward to your response.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Your hosts shouldn't be messing with the database in any way, they just need to import it and assign a user and password.

Here is our full guide to importing a Cloud database to self-hosted:
    The purpose of this topic is to document changes you will need to make if you are migrating from vBCloud to the download version of VB5 Connect. Experienced users can probably get by with just reading the Overview below. I have included greater detail below that for those new to vBulletin and vBCloud. Before You Begin If you
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• dashdbn
      • Jun 2015

Hi.
      This is the same guide that we followed. I have now restored the databass via admin PHP in CPanel

It uploads fine however the forum loads now but is still blank with know users etc? Can you advise?

Comment

• dashdbn
        • Jun 2015

Hello?

Comment

• dashdbn
          • Jun 2015

Is there some thing rong with the vb phone lines?

Comment

• dashdbn
            • Jun 2015

Hi guys

I have been trying to call threw but for some reason I get your voice mail. Are you closed?

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Impossible to say without seeing the setup. Have you rebuilt all the forum, topic and username counters in the admincp?
              Could be a corrupt backup, would be worth requesting a new one from us.
              The instructions definitely work as described.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...