• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trent Manary
    • Jun 2015
    • 5.1.x

Issues upgrading from 4.2.2 to 5.1.7

Hi Everyone!

First post and I've been at this upgrade attempt all day so I figure I would just bite the bullet and ask. Firstly I'll preface that our old license and site had changed servers and url's, I had the migration completed finally and decided to dive into the upgrade, following the documentation provided at https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade and the documentation provided with the download package. I merged all the 5.1.7 files into the install directory as directed, I navigate to /core/install/upgrade.php and fill out my customer number and all the config information it asks for. It goes to the next page providing the link to delete the makeconfig file then directs to an install directory that doesn't exist /install/install.php, now every address either shows as a blank white page or shows
    Code:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /forums/includes/vb5/frontend/routing.php on line 197

A few attempts later the results remain the same. I can wipe the directory and go back to 4.2.2 fine but I just can't get this upgrade to work.

Side note: I did attempt a clean install of 5.1.7 and it worked great.

Am I overlooking something? Thanks in advance, the forums have been a great resource to getting me as far as I have gotten.
  • Trent Manary
    • Jun 2015
    • 5.1.x

Somehow my server reverted to php 5.2... just set it back to 5.4 and the upgrade screen is working. Will report back.

Comment

• Trent Manary
      • Jun 2015
      • 5.1.x

/facepalm. Solved.

Comment