Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startup Errors

Hello,

I'm testing a VB5 on one of my webhosting servers and I came accross this a startup error. I looked into MySQL and found out there was another database system called MariaDB. I have no idea where to look, what are possible solutions and how can I fix this

Thanks,

The description says very clearly their mistake ...

You look and configure config.php?

Your MySQL is version 5.1.5 or higher? as well VB5 request ....

You will have to read a little more or ask someone to help you.

Greetings!

Comment

"...I looked into MySQL and found out there was another database system called MariaDB. I have no idea where to look, what are possible solutions and how can I fix this" which means I looked into it, and so now I'm asking for help.

Comment

Problem Solved. After contacting my host about the version of the db they quickly upgraded it and it worked.

Comment

MariaDB should act the same as MySQL for your purposes. You can point the values in the /core/includes/config.php file to a valid and working database in MariaDB. PHP even uses the same client libraries to access it.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            MariaDB should act the same as MySQL for your purposes. You can point the values in the /core/includes/config.php file to a valid and working database in MariaDB. PHP even uses the same client libraries to access it.
            Yeah, I thought so too. But, it didn't work. Must have been a bug or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolmjr414 View Post
              Yeah, I thought so too. But, it didn't work. Must have been a bug or something.
              There's no bug in vBulletin that would cause this.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Working...
              X