X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MudRacing
    • Apr 2010
    • 5.0.X

CMS on updated VB

Updating VB4 to VB5, can I continue to use the CMS module on version 4?
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

No, when updating to vBulletin 5 Connect there will be no more CMS at the beginning and you can not use the vBulletin 4 product for vBulletin 5 Connect. The CMS data will kept stored in a channel and as soon as CMS for vBulletin 5 Connect is available, you can use your old articles again. Note that the CMS will get added to vBulletin 5 Connect without any extra fee just a little bit later.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• MudRacing
      • Apr 2010
      • 5.0.X

Ok, thanks, there is an indicative date the release of the CMS on VB5? (1 month, 6 months, one year)
      when do you plan to release the final version of the VB5?

Recommended you of waiting to upgrade?
      Risk I of losing data during the beta upgrade?

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

Lot's of questions Actually there is not date of when CMS for vB5 will be released, same goes for the final release of yet.

When using vB5 beta for your site please don't forget that it still is beta and can have bugs. The risk of losing data during upgrade is quite low. But nevertheless you should always do backups of your database and FTP.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• MudRacing
          • Apr 2010
          • 5.0.X

eheheh....yes, I have a lot's of questions, but because I Love vBulletin!!!
          However, if I always back up your database and FTP, I can upgrade at no additional risk?

Comment

• Ace
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.2.X

Bear in mind, if you ever need to go back to an earlier database backup to fix an issue, you will lose anything you have added to the forum since you made that backup.
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• MudRacing
              • Apr 2010
              • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Ace
              Bear in mind, if you ever need to go back to an earlier database backup to fix an issue, you will lose anything you have added to the forum since you made that backup.
              this is ok, but during the normal life of the website are there risks of losing data?

Comment

• Ace
                • Apr 2004
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by MudRacing
                this is ok, but during the normal life of the website are there risks of losing data?
                No, but Upgrades from Beta to Beta aren't exactly part of the normal life of a website. You may find you need to go back several versions in order to fix an issue.

Nor is simply making a backup a 100% guarantee that you can upgrade with 'no additional risk', because if that backup wasn't tested, it could turn out to be corrupt when you need it, or it could get accidentally deleted, or any number of things.
                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Solid Signal
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 4.1.x

Has there been any update as to when the CMS will be available?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

No.

Comment