Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vBully0007
    • Oct 2012

WEIRD error even before the install - Can't download vB installation files

Not sure whether this belongs in the vB 5 part of the forum or the vB 4 one. The problem seems to be related to both versions.

I'm trying to download instalaltion files after having purchased a new license.
    And it doesn't work!

Here is the message I keep getting: "IE cannot download download.php from members.vbulletin.com. IE was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

That was yesterday. Today I get the same message. It doesn't matter whether I try to download vB 5 or the 4.2 version. Just in case, I even tried to do this with the firewall disabled, but of course this didn't help.

This is weird. It all seems to work, the option to download is available, I can choose what I want to download, then I agree to the terms of use, then I click to download, a small window appears to show the percentage of download completed (0%), and then in several seconds another window with the message above shows up and everythign stops.

Any help will be appreciated. I think I'm doing something wrong because even if vB 5 is not available for download if they are making changes, at least 4.2 should be available. And it's not just today since I first got this error mesaage yesterday.

Thanks.
  • wave-rice
    • Feb 2011
    • 5.5.x

Have you tried using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?
    Aakif Nazir

Comment

• vBully0007
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Aakif Nazir
      Have you tried using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?
      Thanks. It worked right away in Chrome.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...