Anybody out there get this to work properly on Godaddy hosting????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin Sours
    Lead Developer
    • Apr 2008
    • 5.5.x

MySql ended active support for 5.0 three years ago. I don't remember the exact reason now, but there was a particular reason we upped the db minimum version. Also the reason why it's 5.1.5 specifically; that was the first version of 5.1.x that meet our requirements. This wasn't just something we did for the hell of it.
    Kevin

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

There is a Bug in our site tracker to have this text updated
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• CozmicShredder
        • Aug 2004
        • 4.2.X

I informed Godaddy of the issue and the response I got back was basically We are sorry but we are not upgrading our PHP version for your website but please feel free to purchase our VPS or a dedicated server and load whatever php version you need... So unless vBulletin 5 is reworked for the current version GoDaddy is not going to support vBulletin 5!

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by CozmicShredder
          I informed Godaddy of the issue and the response I got back was basically We are sorry but we are not upgrading our PHP version for your website but please feel free to purchase our VPS or a dedicated server and load whatever php version you need... So unless vBulletin 5 is reworked for the current version GoDaddy is not going to support vBulletin 5!
          Good, it might finally stop people from attempting to run vBulletin on completely unsuitable hosting services.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• rajubd
            • Apr 2009
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by CozmicShredder
            Seriously they are unlimited fake.
            Now regularly advertising on tv to find more foolish customers. There vps also crape like there shared hosting.
            MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

• Kevin Sours
              Lead Developer
              • Apr 2008
              • 5.5.x

PHP 5.2 has been unsupported for nearly two years now.

Kevin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...