X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Super Cat
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.2.X

OK I give up

Trying to install vb5, I followed all instructions. I edit config.php.bkp before uploading and changed it to config.php. The problem I'm getting is once it is uploaded it becomes 4.1.10? Is this suppose to happen or am I doing something wrong.
  • Merjawy
    • Sep 2002

Need to upload to it's own directory and not try to use the old one for older vB installation.

Are you installing a new or upgrading?
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Super Cat
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.2.X

I was upgrading then I seen I had to install and delete old files. I deleted all files and the config.php keeps coming up 4.1.10. I've deleted everything and downloaded everything 3 times from members area trying to make sure I'm not mixing files

Comment

• Merjawy
        • Sep 2002

If you're installing fresh in a new database, and no old files exist, there would be no reason to say 4.1.10.. check your core config file and see which database it's pointing to.
        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Comment

• Super Cat
          • Jan 2005
          • 4.2.X

Don't know what is happening. I transfer files as they are before renaming them once transfer. Delete config.phps change bkp and new to config.php and once I do that they change to old config.php

Comment

• Merjawy
            • Sep 2002

There shouldn't be any old ones to revert to... Sounds like your have cache issue... I suggest creating a new directory and upload your vB5 files to it.. edit the config files and rename them to config.php each. and see if you have the same issue.

Comment

• Super Cat
              • Jan 2005
              • 4.2.X

I'll try that, I know this has been a pain.

Comment

• Merjawy
                • Sep 2002

If your server meets the min requirments, we most likely be able to help you install.

Comment

• Super Cat
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 4.2.X

It meets the minimum and I can move it up to better requirement. Right now deleting folder.

Comment

• Ace
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Super Cat
                    I was upgrading then I seen I had to install and delete old files. I deleted all files and the config.php keeps coming up 4.1.10. I've deleted everything and downloaded everything 3 times from members area trying to make sure I'm not mixing files
                    Which config.php does this? What is the path to it?
                    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Super Cat
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 4.2.X

Actually both were changing. I did find a config.php in public.html that was 4.1.10 and deleted it, but that didn't do it either. Will see if it was cache problem after deletion. Reloading everything back up using another directory name. Other directory has been deleted first. If this doesn't work, I don't know what else it could be.

Comment

• Merjawy
                        • Sep 2002

Don't forget when you edit core config file, to use a new database since you doing a fresh install.

- - - Updated - - -

I have noticed on my server I can no longer overwrite files in the last few days... I didn't change anything but the FTP won't even prompt me anymore... Could be the same issue you're facing.

Comment

• Super Cat
                          • Jan 2005
                          • 4.2.X

Got it install and clicked on Go to AdminCP and got
                          The website cannot display the page
                          HTTP 500
                          Most likely causes:

• The website is under maintenance.
                          • The website has a programming error.
                          - - - Updated - - -

contacted host include/vb5/template.php line 86

$customjquery_path = vB::getDatastore()->getOption('customjquery_path');
                          Last edited by Super Cat; Sat 22 Sep '12, 9:57pm.

Comment

• Super Cat
                            • Jan 2005
                            • 4.2.X

any help

Comment

• Merjawy
                              • Sep 2002

Can you post your frondend config file?

Comment