X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onfranco
    • Sep 2010
    • 4.0.x

Installation problem :

we have 2 file.php to configure . There is one in core/includes/config.php that is the same and simple to config like done for vbulletin 4 .

But the newst config.php in principal root , how can i configure it ?

for example: my site is www.clanorg.com , and i have create a vb directory where i have put vbulletin 5 directory:

$config['baseurl'] = 'http://www.clanorg.com/vb';
    $config['baseurl_core'] = 'http://www.clanorg.com/vb/core';

$config['baseurl_login'] = $config['baseurl']; i havent use it

$config['core_path'] = '/path/to/vb/core/folder'; --------------------> Here i have some problem .... Someone can help me . Thx to config this line ? THX
    $config['admincpdir'] = 'admincp';
    $config['cookie_prefix'] = 'bb';

The error after installation is:

Fatal error: Class 'vB' not found in /web/htdocs/www.clanorg.com/home/vb/includes/vb5/template.php on line 86
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by onfranco
    $config['core_path'] = '/path/to/vb/core/folder'; --------------------> Here i have some problem .... Someone can help me . Thx to config this line ? THX

Try this:

='/home/your_user_name_on_the_server/public_html/yourforum/core';

yourforum seems to be: vb

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• onfranco
      • Sep 2010
      • 4.0.x

ok thx you very much. i have hosting service by aruba : www.aruba.it
      SO i should do :

='/home/24967546@aruba.it/www.gildaserenity.com/vb/core'

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

ok thx you very much. i have hosting service by aruba : www.aruba.it
        SO i should do :

='/home/24967546@aruba.it/www.gildaserenity.com/vb/core'
        public_html

your_user_name_on_the_server = onfranco or onfranco_franco2 you have to find it out.

Joe D has a good file here on this forum somewhere "makeconfig.php" I'll try to search for it.
        I believe it would help you to make your config files

Found it: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...iles-in-1-step

Comment

• Merjawy
          • Sep 2002

Look in your core config.php or your old config.php from vB4, there are two lines
          1- MySQL username (that's the useraccount you use for your database without _xxxxxx . Normaly it would be (useraccount_username) useraccount is what you need.)
          2- PATH to your forum

That's what you need to use with /core added the path.

Ex. /home/useraccount/public_html/vb/core
          To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
          My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
          CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
          Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• onfranco
            • Sep 2010
            • 4.0.x

it is all ok for other setting .... i cant know only this other CONFIG.php in line $config['core_path'] = '/path/to/vb/core/folder' . What sense have put the user so in difficoult ! It is too compolicated setting .

- - - Updated - - -

all setting are OK ... only this dont work /home/useraccount/public_html/vb/core

NO USERACCOUNT NO USERNAME works.

why insert also this information in includes/config.php there are just account and database information !!!!

it is very hard for a noob user.

- - - Updated - - -

i will rinstall vb4

Comment

• Merjawy
              • Sep 2002

Read my reply again. It's not really your username, its your account name.

my accountname is global and my username is merjawy. so in core/config.php I would use:

database-name: global_vb500
              database--user:global_merjawy
              forum-----path: /home/global/public_html/vb

based on the above info, I would use this in the frontend config.php

path_core: /home/global/public_html/vb/core

As you can see, I didn't really use my username (merjawy) itself, It's the account name (global). And you have it in your old vB4 config.php file if you look close. It just didn't have /core at the end of it in your vB4 config file.
              My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Comment

• onfranco
                • Sep 2010
                • 4.0.x

NOW WORKS ALL http://www.gildaserenity.com/vb/

VERY SIMPLE TO SOLVE IT : no account no username no other setting ... YOU MUST ONLY SEE ERROR IN WHITE SCREEN ON INTERNET AND PAST THE PATH TO THE LINE ON config.php in main root:

$config['core_path'] = '/path/to/vb/core/folder'; = '/web/htdocs/www.gildaserenity.com/home/vb/core'

www.gildaserenity.com=yoursite
                vb=directory (if you have create it) of vbulletin 5 installation

Comment

• beishe8
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 4.2.X

it is all ok for other setting .... i cant know only this other CONFIG.php in line $config['core_path'] = '/path/to/vb/core/folder' . What sense have put the user so in difficoult ! It is too compolicated setting .

- - - Updated - - -

all setting are OK ... only this dont work /home/useraccount/public_html/vb/core

NO USERACCOUNT NO USERNAME works.

why insert also this information in includes/config.php there are just account and database information !!!!

it is very hard for a noob user.

- - - Updated - - -

i will rinstall vb4

Don't give up!

Use the script, advice from my previous post: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...iles-in-1-step

Edit: As I see you OK now!

Comment

• onfranco
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 4.0.x

thx to all ... but i dont need makeconfig . i know how to do to edit config.php .... the only problem was at line $config['core_path'] = '/path/to/vb/core/folder' ... and i have solve it.

thx to all

Comment

• Merjawy
                      • Sep 2002

Look in your config file in vB4, you will see the lines below. (this is from vB4 config.php). Your vB4 config file will have something like that with different path.
                      copy the path from there and add /core to the end of it and use it for the new config (make sure your vb5 directory/folder name is correct)

// ******** FULL PATH TO FORUMS DIRECTORY ******
                      // On a few systems it may be necessary to input the full path to your forums directory
                      // for vBulletin to function normally. You can ignore this setting unless vBulletin
                      // tells you to fill this in. Do not include a trailing slash!
                      // Example Unix:
                      // $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = '/home/users/public_html/forums';
                      // Example Win32:
                      // $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = 'c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\vb3';
                      $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = '/home/global/public_html/vb4';

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Merjawy
                        Look in your config file in vB4, you will see the lines below. (this is from vB4 config.php). Your vB4 config file will have something like that with different path.
                        copy the path from there and add /core to the end of it and use it for the new config (make sure your vb5 directory/folder name is correct)

ON VB4 that value was usually not needed- therefore in the vast majority of VB4 config.php files this path is simply blank:

Code:
                        $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = '';
                        It would be unlikely an actual/correct path is present in his VB4 config.php file.

Makeconfig.php will show you the correct core path whether you use it or not. You can just open makeconfig.php, copy the core path, and paste it directly into config.php without "submitting" the changes to makeconfig.php. (Just close the window.)

Comment