Upgrading to 5.0.0
    ----------------------------------
    Upgrade Complete

Upgrading to 5.0.1 Alpha 1
    ----------------------------------
    Step 1 - Skipping step, not needed
    Step 2 - Skipping step, not needed
    Step 3 - Updating cron table
    Step 4 - Fixing imported blog information.
    Processed 2000 records
    Fixing imported blog information.
    Processed 2000 records
    Processed 2000 records
    Process done
    Step 5 - Segmentation fault (core dumped)
  • zmenchhofer
    • Sep 2014
    • 3.8.x

after trying to rerun the update i get this error.

Code:
    [B]Unexpected Text:[/B]  
     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>  			Database error in vBulletin 5.0.0:  			Invalid SQL:  				SELECT max(bu.bloguserid) AS maxid 				FROM jelsoft_node n 				INNER JOIN jelsoft_blog_user bu ON bu.bloguserid = n.userid 				WHERE n.oldcontenttypeid = 9999 				AND 				( 					(n.nodeoptions = 138 AND (bu.options <> 6 OR bu.allowsmilie <> 1)) 					OR 					( 					    n.viewperms = 2 AND 					    ( ~bu.options_member & 1 OR ~bu.options_guest & 1 ) 					) 					OR 					( 					    n.commentperms = 1 AND 					    (~bu.options_member & 2) 					) 				) 			 /**getMaxBlogUserIdToFixOptions**/;  			MySQL Error   : Unknown column 'bu.options_member' in 'where clause' 			Error Number  : 1054 			Request Date  : Thursday, September 4th 2014 @ 05:00:40 PM 			Error Date    : Thursday, September 4th 2014 @ 05:00:40 PM 			Script        : http:///community/core/install/upgrade.php 			Referrer      : http://xxx.org/community/core/install/upgrade.php 			IP Address    : xxx 			Username      : Rxxxx 			Classname     : vB_Database_MySQL 			MySQL Version : 5.5.37-cll

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Please restore your database, then upgrade to 4.2.2. Make a new database backup. Once that is done, please run the vBulletin 5.X upgrade. Make sure you're doing a test installation before you update your live server.

You also need PHP to be at least version 5.3.7. However we recommend using PHP 5.4.X or 5.5.X. MySQL must be at least version 5.1.5 but we recommend using MySQL 5.5.X or 5.6.X.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• zmenchhofer
        • Sep 2014
        • 3.8.x

upgrade works. . . 3.8 to 4.2 then to 5.x

however site is broke, I have disabled hooks via config.php but still kills the site.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 355
        Checking if a package is enabled for an invalid package '3' on line 392 in /home/xxx/public_html/community/vb/types.php
        #0 /home/xxx/public_html/community/vb/router.php(514): vB_Types->packageEnabled('3')
        #1 /home/xxx/public_html/community/vb/router.php(577): vB_Router::assertRoutes()
        #2 /home/xxx/public_html/community/vb/route.php(236): vB_Router::getRouteSegmentFromClass('vBCms_Route_Lis...')
        #3 /home/xxx/public_html/community/vb/route.php(260): vB_Route->__construct(false, false)
        #4 /home/xxx/public_html/community/packages/vbcms/route/list.php(92): vB_Route::create('vBCms_Route_Lis...')
        #5 /home/xxx/public_html/community/includes/functions.php(3667): vBCms_Route_List::getURL(Array)
        #6 /home/xxx/public_html/community/includes/functions_forumlist.php(314): construct_memberaction_dropdown(Array)
        #7 /home/xxx/public_html/community/forum.php(611): construct_forum_bit(-1)
        #8 /home/xxx/public_html/community/index.php(43): require('/home/xxx/...')
        #9 {main}

Fatal error: Checking if a package is enabled for an invalid package '3' on line 392 in ..../vb/types.php in ..../vb/vb.php on line 286

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Did you delete/remove all prior VB3 and VB4 files before uploading the VB5 files? VB5 cannot be installed over an older version, it needs to be installed to a clean directory.

You also must delete your /core/install/ directory before you can use the site.

Comment

• TeamHybrid_webguy
            • Sep 2014
            • 3.7.x

I have been playing with the VB5 upgrade for over 5 days with no success. i did a clean install on a sub-directory mydomain.com/forums and its not connecting at all. Made the change to the .htaccess , made the change to all files that show the /UPLOAD/ name to reflect my sub-directory /forums/. what am I doing wrong?

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by TeamHybrid_webguy
              I have been playing with the VB5 upgrade for over 5 days with no success. i did a clean install on a sub-directory mydomain.com/forums and its not connecting at all. Made the change to the .htaccess , made the change to all files that show the /UPLOAD/ name to reflect my sub-directory /forums/. what am I doing wrong?
              Please start your own thread with full details of the problem.

We'll need all the information specified in this post:
              Every support request should be in its own topic. Do not take over the support topics posted by others. The only thing that happens when you do this is make it more difficult to receive support. Often times we get threads like: This type of question is very difficult to answer because it provides no real information.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment