Is there a style generator in vBulletin 5...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdj
    • Jan 2009
    • 5.1.x

Is there a style generator in vBulletin 5...

I've just installed vBulletin 5 for the first time by upgrading my test site from vB4. Can't see any problems as yet.

Is there a style generator in vB5? Or is it just a case of trawling through the stylevariable editor in the same way you had to when vB4 came out?

If so, is there a list somewhere saying what each stylevar does?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Yes. Unfortunately it is in an illogical place currently. To access it, you have to Edit a Page in Site Builder and click the Color Styles Page. There is a JIRA to get it moved and I've been trying to get it moved to a better location for over a year.

See: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-7064
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jdj
      • Jan 2009
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Yes. Unfortunately it is in an illogical place currently. To access it, you have to Edit a Page in Site Builder and click the Color Styles Page. There is a JIRA to get it moved and I've been trying to get it moved to a better location for over a year.

See: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-7064
      I've tried it. If you generate a new colour scheme, input a title in the box that says "title for generated style", choose "allow user selection" and hit "save" whatever you have just generated doesn't appear in the list of available styles from the drop down box: So the style generator might be there but it doesn't seem to work.

I'm guessing that editing the style via the stylevars in the admincp will still work because creating a style there does seem to result in a new style appearing in the drop-down box.

Edit: My test style appeared eventually after I'd logged out and logged back in. Having gone back to the style generator though I don't seem to be able to choose the style via the style generator page to edit the style.
      Last edited by jdj; Mon 30 Jun '14, 6:53am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Yeah... It needs some work.

Edit existing styles: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-7306
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jdj
          jdj commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks: The truth is that as I know how to edit stylevars having gone through the pain of the transition from changing from vB3 to vB4 immediately after vB4 came out this is less useful to me than a functional calendar.

• Wayne Luke
          Wayne Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe so. I don't set the priorities of what gets fixed when and where. I've been pushing for an event content type for two years now. Had hoped it would be added in 5.1.0. The people making the ultimate decisions thought otherwise.

• jdj
          jdj commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a shame. Such a basic function. Truth is that whilst Jo has provided a workaround with a calendar from google you can stick that on any site, including those running competitor forum packages. Whether it's for business or for hobby, sport or pursuit people go places to do stuff at particular times and they chat about it. Especially with the advent of mobile devices being able to see where you need to be and when is really basic.