X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razgritz
    • Aug 2013
    • 5.0.X

Installation error at 34 %

I`m installing vBulletin 5.1.1 with spanish lenguaje.

At 34% i get this.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    <error>XML Error: Invalid character at Line 6708</error> This server running 5.1.1 without spanish lenguaje, but i try with spanish and i cant install.

Thanks.
  • elkali
    • Feb 2014
    • 5.0.X

It's so incredible that nobody replies to this topic for so long...

There is a bug on the file ./core/install/customlanguages/vbulletin-custom-language-spanish.xml, on the referred line (actually one more, since the xml header seems to be not counted), a CDATA block is mistakenly marked with a wrong character (non utf) opening tag (lower-than, or <)

Just edit the file with a *decent* text editor (vi, nano if possible) and replace the wrong encoded character by the appropriate tag opening mark, and you are good to go.

This is as of today still failing when downloading the official, supposedly stable revision of the language pack. Shame on you, vb!

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

elkali have you reported this in the bug tracker? I haven't seen any tickets about this personally.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I was able to verify the issue, we'll work on getting the members area updated soon. You can use this file in the mean time: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13012

Comment