Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frank47
    • Jun 2003

Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated;

How do I upgrade from 3.8x to 4.x in order to install vb5 when all the functions in the vb4 upgrade are deprecated?
    Install is then aborted.

Currently running 3.8.7
    ~~~~PHP Version 5.4.18. ~~

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::instance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 3207
    Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead. in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 727
    Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead. in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 727
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php:3207) in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 656
    Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::drop_index() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::drop_index() in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_dbalter.php on line 882
    Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::add_index() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::add_index() in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_dbalter.php on line 882
    Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::add_field() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::add_field() in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_dbalter.php on line 882
    Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::drop_field() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::drop_field() in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_dbalter.php on line 882
    Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::query() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::query() in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_dbalter.php on line 882
    Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::return_data() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_upgrade_product.php on line 182
    Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::build() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 499
    Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 89
    Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Bitfield_Builder::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 503
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php:3207) in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 732
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php:3207) in /home/pioneer/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 733

vbulletin-style.xml:
    vbulletin-settings.xml:
    vbulletin-language.xml:
    vbulletin-adminhelp.xml:
    vBulletin 4.1.4 Upgrade System
    (Please be patient as some parts may take some time)

Upgrading to 4.1.4

I have everything backed up...
    Would it help to revert everything back to 3.8.7, upgrade to 3.8.7 PL3, and then try upgrade to 4.4.x or wil I have the same problem?

Last edited by frank47; Fri 18 Apr '14, 6:18pm.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

3.8.7 isn't compatible with php 5.4.

Easiest option is to upgrade to 3.8.8 first. That is compatible with php 5.4
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• frank47
      • Jun 2003

Actually not. The Only vbb version that is compatible with php 5.4 is 4.2.2.
      You have to do a 4.2.2 upgrade and add
      Code:
      define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);
      to the includes/config.php file.
      Then you can upgrade to 5.0

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

As stated, 3.8.8 is compatible with php 5.4.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------

Comment

• frank47
          • Jun 2003

Not according to the Support Ticket People.
          I tried an upgrade to 4.1.4 PL9 and that would not go - aborted due to error. Did not try 3.8.8, but if 4.1.4 is incompatible, I would doubt 3.8.8 is

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by frank47
            Not according to the Support Ticket People.
            I tried an upgrade to 4.1.4 PL9 and that would not go - aborted due to error. Did not try 3.8.8, but if 4.1.4 is incompatible, I would doubt 3.8.8 is
            I am "the support ticket people" (or one of them).
            I can categorically assure you that 3.8.8 is compatible with php 5.4, it was specifically released with that in mind.

No version of 3.x is compatible with php 5.4, EXCEPT 3.8.8.
            No version of 4.x is compatible with php 5.4, EXCEPT 4.2.2
            These were specific versions which were released to address the compatibility issue.
            All versions of 5.x are compatible with php 5.4.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Switch your class from mysql to mysqli in the config.php to remove the deprecated messages.

Not all versions of vBulletin 3.X or 4.X are approved to run on PHP 5.4. You should be using PHP 5.4.X if you're using vBulletin 3.8.8 or vBulletin 4.2.2. For versions under those, you need to use PHP 5.3.X.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...