Vbulletin 5.1.0 - footer-rollup-510.js ERROR in registration form

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Grove
    commented on 's reply
    Same here. I didn't realize you visited the forums from time to time.

• Michał Lasocki
    replied
    Heh... I have another encoding problem....
    E-mails are sent without polish characters... oh my god....
    Instead polisch chars I have "?" signs... in the message Header in my E-mail client I can't see encoding information in the header....
    Whitch file is responsible for e-mail sending???

Leave a comment:

• Michał Lasocki
    replied
    YEAAA!!!!! Thank you! It's working.
    But in My language i simply changed:

Code:
    $thisPhrase = vB5_String::toCharset($phrase, $languages[$phrase['languageid']]['charset'], 'UTF-8');
    to

Code:
    $thisPhrase = $phrase['text'];
    because my polish characters didn't work.....

Thank You.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Hi David! Nice to hear from you again.

• David Grove
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Glenn! Long time no see.

• David Grove
    replied
    I believe I found a solution to this issue, which I posted on the bug report.

Leave a comment:

• Michał Lasocki
    commented on 's reply
    I've written to Support in Members area but no feedback yet...
    i've send them all accesses to DB, FTP, we will se...

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    If you check the localStorage where the phrases are locally stored in the browser, you will see that all translated phrases are JSON. I don't know why. Maybe a Support staff has an idea.

Code:
    JSON.parse(localStorage.getItem('vbcache-'))

Leave a comment:

• Michał Lasocki
    replied
    I've updated all the phrases.

For example "B########d" was changed to: "Błąd"

But in the console I have bad encoding... (see screenshot)

Maby it's the ISO-8859-2 encoding problem or JSON header encoding problem?
    Last edited by Michał Lasocki; Mon 7 Apr '14, 1:40am.

Leave a comment:

• Michał Lasocki
    replied
    Thanks for the info Glenn.
    You are right, on this forum we have string, but on my forum we have JSON. Maby on this forum it's fixed.... I vave the current 5.1.0 version installed.
    I don't think it's the only 'error' phrase error, because

window.vBulletin.phrase.get('error') with another phrases give JSON too.

"Błąd" is my translation for "Error" - but originally it looks "Błąd". Maby I shoud change the decimal ł to my characters... "ł" etc.

The strangest thing is that in English we get the string - not a Object.... Maby there are some illegal characters in JSON with Polish phrases, and the script can't handle it ?

Can you have information how to fix this problem?
    Last edited by Michał Lasocki; Mon 7 Apr '14, 1:29am.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by Michał Lasocki
    I think it's a bug...
    When I add new Test language everything is ok
    When I add one phrase translated I have the [object Obcjet] and JS error in registration...
    Can you see this problem closer? My forum is disabled since monday...
    Try this link: http://gazeo.pl/vb5/register.... it doesn't work.... JS error is visible in console after submitting a form....
    There seems to be a bug (or translation error?) for "error" phrase.
    If you go to any page in your site and open the JS console and type this:

Code:
    window.vBulletin.phrase.get('error')
    The output is:

Code:
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]{[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#881391][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]languageid[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]: [/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#C41A16][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]"2"[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px], [/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#881391][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]varname[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]: [/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#C41A16][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]"error"[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px], [/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#881391][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]text[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]: [/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#C41A16][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]"B&[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#B22222][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]#322[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#C41A16][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px];&[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#B22222][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]#261[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#C41A16][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px];d"[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Consolas][I][SIZE=12px]}[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
    The expected output should be a string not a JSON object. That's why in the registration page the vBulletin.phrase.render() method is throwing an error "Object #<Object> has no method 'replace'" because it is expecting the phrase to be a string where replace() is a valid method but it got Object instead.

Doing this here in vbulletin.com produces the correct translation which is the string "Error".
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; Fri 4 Apr '14, 10:48pm.

Leave a comment:

• Michał Lasocki
    replied
    I think it's a bug...
    When I add new Test language everything is ok
    When I add one phrase translated I have the [object Obcjet] and JS error in registration...
    Can you see this problem closer? My forum is disabled since monday...
    Try this link: http://gazeo.pl/vb5/register.... it doesn't work.... JS error is visible in console after submitting a form....

Leave a comment:

• Michał Lasocki
    replied

I've tested UTF-8. Again the same error in JS.... I think that JSON format that contains messages for popups may have problem with parsing the phrases.... I see that /vb5/ajax/api/phrase/fetch is requested and after that, error accures On new language with no custom translations in ISO-8859-2 is ok....

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    If you have a test install I would try going to UTF-8 and see if it helps.

Leave a comment:

• Michał Lasocki
    replied
    I've added new language Test [PL] - after that everything worked fine. Encoding (ISO-8859-2) is set to view propertly imported data from phpbb
    After translating one phrase "please_provide_search_string" on "Proszę podać łańcuch wyszukiwania" we have this situation (screen)
    Maby the ISO-8859-2 encoding is wrong? Should I convert everything on UTF-8 ?

Leave a comment: