Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vbulletin 5.1.0 - footer-rollup-510.js ERROR in registration form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vbulletin 5.1.0 - footer-rollup-510.js ERROR in registration form

    First problem:
    After submitting a form in the registration, footer-rollup-510.js throw error... (see screenshot 1)
    I've installed VB4, used IMPEX to import data from PHPBB2 and after that upgarded to VB5.1.0 Connect.

    Please help!!!

  • David Grove
    commented on 's reply
    Same here. I didn't realize you visited the forums from time to time.

  • Michał Lasocki
    replied
    Heh... I have another encoding problem....
    E-mails are sent without polish characters... oh my god....
    Instead polisch chars I have "?" signs... in the message Header in my E-mail client I can't see encoding information in the header....
    Whitch file is responsible for e-mail sending???

    Leave a comment:


  • Michał Lasocki
    replied
    YEAAA!!!!! Thank you! It's working.
    But in My language i simply changed:

    Code:
    $thisPhrase = vB5_String::toCharset($phrase, $languages[$phrase['languageid']]['charset'], 'UTF-8');
    to

    Code:
    $thisPhrase = $phrase['text'];
    because my polish characters didn't work.....

    Thank You.

    Leave a comment:


  • Glenn Vergara
    commented on 's reply
    Hi David! Nice to hear from you again.

  • David Grove
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Glenn! Long time no see.

  • David Grove
    replied
    I believe I found a solution to this issue, which I posted on the bug report.

    Leave a comment:


  • Michał Lasocki
    commented on 's reply
    I've written to Support in Members area but no feedback yet...
    i've send them all accesses to DB, FTP, we will se...

  • Glenn Vergara
    replied
    If you check the localStorage where the phrases are locally stored in the browser, you will see that all translated phrases are JSON. I don't know why. Maybe a Support staff has an idea.

    Code:
    JSON.parse(localStorage.getItem('vbcache-'))

    Leave a comment:


  • Michał Lasocki
    replied
    I've updated all the phrases.

    For example "B########d" was changed to: "Błąd"

    But in the console I have bad encoding... (see screenshot)

    Maby it's the ISO-8859-2 encoding problem or JSON header encoding problem?
    Last edited by Michał Lasocki; Mon 7th Apr '14, 1:40am.

    Leave a comment:


  • Michał Lasocki
    replied
    Thanks for the info Glenn.
    You are right, on this forum we have string, but on my forum we have JSON. Maby on this forum it's fixed.... I vave the current 5.1.0 version installed.
    I don't think it's the only 'error' phrase error, because

    window.vBulletin.phrase.get('error') with another phrases give JSON too.

    "Błąd" is my translation for "Error" - but originally it looks "Błąd". Maby I shoud change the decimal ł to my characters... "ł" etc.

    The strangest thing is that in English we get the string - not a Object.... Maby there are some illegal characters in JSON with Polish phrases, and the script can't handle it ?

    Can you have information how to fix this problem?
    Last edited by Michał Lasocki; Mon 7th Apr '14, 1:29am.

    Leave a comment:


  • Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Originally posted by Michał Lasocki View Post
    I think it's a bug...
    When I add new Test language everything is ok
    When I add one phrase translated I have the [object Obcjet] and JS error in registration...
    Can you see this problem closer? My forum is disabled since monday...
    Try this link: http://gazeo.pl/vb5/register.... it doesn't work.... JS error is visible in console after submitting a form....
    There seems to be a bug (or translation error?) for "error" phrase.
    If you go to any page in your site and open the JS console and type this:

    Code:
    window.vBulletin.phrase.get('error')
    The output is:

    Code:
    {languageid: "2", varname: "error", text: "Błąd"}
    The expected output should be a string not a JSON object. That's why in the registration page the vBulletin.phrase.render() method is throwing an error "Object #<Object> has no method 'replace'" because it is expecting the phrase to be a string where replace() is a valid method but it got Object instead.

    Doing this here in vbulletin.com produces the correct translation which is the string "Error".
    Last edited by Glenn Vergara; Fri 4th Apr '14, 10:48pm.

    Leave a comment:


  • Michał Lasocki
    replied
    I think it's a bug...
    When I add new Test language everything is ok
    When I add one phrase translated I have the [object Obcjet] and JS error in registration...
    Can you see this problem closer? My forum is disabled since monday...
    Try this link: http://gazeo.pl/vb5/register.... it doesn't work.... JS error is visible in console after submitting a form....

    Leave a comment:


  • Michał Lasocki
    replied

    I've tested UTF-8. Again the same error in JS.... I think that JSON format that contains messages for popups may have problem with parsing the phrases.... I see that /vb5/ajax/api/phrase/fetch is requested and after that, error accures On new language with no custom translations in ISO-8859-2 is ok....

    Leave a comment:


  • Joe D.
    replied
    If you have a test install I would try going to UTF-8 and see if it helps.

    Leave a comment:

Related Topics

Collapse

Working...
X