X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The3
    • Jan 2014

Problems Installing on Hostgator

Hi all,

I've been trying to install vBulletin 5 Connect on my Hostgator server, and I've been having issues getting install.php to work. I go through [domain]/install/install.php in my web browser, give my customer number, fill out the config.php details, and it successfully creates the files. However, when I try to return to [domain]/install/install.php to begin installation as is described in the readme under "Running the Install Wizard" steps 8-9, I get a white page with no buttons or anything.

I'm not sure what to do - I'm not sure if it's related to the issue, but I've been putting the files in a folder in my public domain as opposed to the public domain itself. I've been doing that because I have a placeholder site of sorts up and I wanted to build the vBulletin site before pulling the old one down. Is that where my problem lies?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Doesn't seem to be redirecting. Go to [domain]/folder/core/install/install.php and does it work then?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• The3
      • Jan 2014

Apologies, I should have clarified. I did specify the folder ([domain]/folder/core/install/install.php) as you described when I got the results I described above.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Please open a support ticket by going to http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport/

We need to see the issue first hand and will need access to your installation.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• The3
          • Jan 2014

Thank you for your help!

Comment

• XSV_4ce
            • Mar 2014
            • 5.0.X

I am having the exact same issue and I also use hostgator.

Comment