Problems upgrading from 4.2 to 5(latest)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3loomShia
    • Mar 2010

Problems upgrading from 4.2 to 5(latest)

Dear,

I am running into problems when I upgraded to 5.

First problem,
    Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on a non-object in home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.com/vb/core/vb/library/user.php on line 721

I get this message all the time. I can no longer view the forum.
    It appears in the homepage, and all other pages.

Second problem:
    I am trying to restore my db, my hosting company faced an eror and advised me to contact you.
    that is is

Error 1062 (23000) at line 89745: Dplicate entry "????" for key 'tagText'

Hosting company suggests that the forum tables are set to only uniqu values.

With both errors the forum is not accessable, and is down. I created a ticket yesterday, but I have not received a response yet. I assume admins are busy, and hopeing someone might be able to support.

Thanks heaps

3S
  • 3loomShia
    • Mar 2010

Any help?

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

The first issue sounds like you have legacy files laying around. I'd suggest archiving all of your files into a folder like vb4xxarchive and then reuploading the vB5 files.

The second issue, there shouldn't be a problem restoring a backup that was made correctly into its own unique database.

Comment

• 3loomShia
        • Mar 2010

1- I have already tried this several times. I copies old files to my local drive. Removed the file from server, and uploaded the vb5 files.
        I also tried creating a new folder. called it forum, and uploaded all vb5 files to it. Tried, but the same error is shown.

2- Yes, I understand that there should not be a problem. But, I am getting this problem now for the first time.
        I use vBulletin Cron Based Database Backup method to back up the database daily, I have tested it before, as well as restored my database before.

Comment

• vibethemes
          • Nov 2012

@3loonshia : I am getting the same error, did you manage to fix it ?

Comment