X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AdjusterGuru
    • Jan 2014
    • 5.0.X

SiteBuilder not initially working on forum home page

I get the error message "Error activating SiteBuilder. (Error code 0)" when I first click on the "Edit on off button" button on my forums home page when the site first comes up. However if I go to to one of the sub pages, the Site Builder tool bar appears and the On button is on and the site builder works on all the lower pages. And if I then go back to the home page, the tool bar is there and the On button is on and the site builder now works on the home page. I only discovered this accidentally after many hours. I am using vb5.05 on a Godaddy CPanel linux server and this is a brand new install. I did a reinstall and had the same issue. Your thoughts please.

1. I edited my Includes\Config.php file with Dreamweaver. Is that as safe an editor as Wordpad?

2. Here is my "base url" line 119 "$config['Misc']['baseurl'] = 'www.insuranceclaim.ws';"

3. I did not touch the htaccess file. I found the path on the Godaddy cPanel server confusing because vb5 is installed in a folder called "public_html", which Godaddy says is the root folder.

Thanks so much!