Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • energymike
    • Nov 2013

More questions now "uploading"

I have been reading many old posts talking to the people who will host the site my understanding is that after editing config in core / includes, I should upload the folder for "upload" then go through the install process. Install process will open and create any Directories or Folders that it requires. is this correct.?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

No, the install process requires that you upload ALL of the vBulletin 5 files in the upload folder. The installer only creates the required database tables and data in them.

Comment

• energymike
      • Nov 2013

Hi Zachey, either I can upload the folder that contains ALL the files ,,, or I can copy ALL the files and upload them individually, Which is the preferred method,
      Warm regards
      Mike

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

You should not upload the "upload" folder itself, just its contents.

You don't need to do each file and folder individually. If you click on the very first item, then scroll down to the very last item, hold down the SHIFT key on the keyboard and regular-click the mouse on the last item, all items will be selected and all can be uploaded at one time at that point.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...