Config Files do not match what the instructions say for 5.0.4 -Blank White Screen

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pcg
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

Config Files do not match what the instructions say for 5.0.4 -Blank White Screen

I looked at the youtube movie as well as the current instructions on this page http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ll-vbulletin-5.

On the 5.X specific steps it says to set the $config[baseURL] variable to the URL of your vb5 directory. I have NO SUCH SETTING IN THAT FILE.
    I have modified the /vb5/core/includes config.php fine but this second file does not match what the youtube video or the instructions say.
    I get blank white screen when I go to my install path (http://www.example.com/vb5/admincp).
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

The manual is a little outdated.

The config file in the root directory usually doesn't need any edits (despite it being renamed). You only have to edit (and rename) the config file in the core/includes directory. There at least your database info has to be inserted.

After having uploaded all files to your server/webspace/whatever, run the installation script by browsing to core/install/install.php. From there on you will be guided through the installation process.

Comment

• pcg
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

I did modify the /core config file and did not touch the root (vb5 folder) file. Still get a white blank screen. I an paying them to update it for me. I have no time for this. Thanks though for the reply.

Comment

• TLMD
        • Sep 2012
        • 5.6.X

I posted this earlier. Maybe it helps you, too:

The quickest way to do a fresh installation of vB 5.0.5 is:
        • Download the newest vB5 release from the members' area. Unpack the archive and go to the upload folder.
        • Rename the config file in the root directory. No edits in that file are necessary.
        • Rename the config file in the core/includes directory. After that this file needs to be edited (database info etc.)!
        • Upload all files to your server/webspace/whatever and browse to core/install/install.php.
        • Follow the installation instructions.
        • Delete the install directory in the core folder after the installation has finished.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by TLMD
          The manual is a little outdated.
          Not if you're looking at the 5.0.4 version. All references to editing that file aside from renaming it are removed.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Install 5.0.4...

Rename config.php.bkp to config.php

Rename /core/includes/config.php.new to config.php

Edit /core/includes/config.php to include your database connection information.

Upload all files

Go to domain/forumpath/install/install.php

Not very different than installing 3.x or 4.x.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment