X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sadda
    • Mar 2013

v5.0.4 Installation Instructions Required

Hello,

I tried to install a fresh copy vBulletin v5.0.4 and encountered few installation errors which prevents me to go through the wizard. It always shows Configuration Wizard to generate configuration file and not proceeding further. Due to new changes introduced in v5.0.4 (as per forum announcement) and old installation guide, I'm confused on editing required configuration files.

My server meets all vBulletin requirements and the only problem here is that the installation guide available on site is out of date.

I would like to know clear instructions (particularly which files needs to modify etc.) on installing v5.0.4 (fresh install.) Thank you.
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

I have done a fesh installation of vB 5.0.4 recently (local setup) and all I had to do was to rename "config.php.bkp" to "config.php" (in the main directory) and to rename and edit "config.php.new" to "config.php" (in the core/includes directory). After that you should be able to run the installation by browsing to "[your_site]/core/install/install.php".

Comment

• Sadda
      Sadda commented
      Editing a comment
      I did rename and edit the configuration file in main directory but not in includes directory. Thanks for your quick response. I'll give an another try.
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

As far as I know the config file in the main directory doesn't require any edits at all anymore (in most cases), but the other config file (in the includes folder) has to be edited.

Comment

• aasantha
      • Aug 2010

I cannot install my vb as well,,,, when I go to domain/forums/core/install/install.php

I am getting this
      Warning: ignore_user_abort() has been disabled for security reasons in /clientdata/apache-www/d/o/doula.com.au/www/forums/core/install/upgrade.php on line 15

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

The only change is you don't need to edit the /config.php file. The instructions above take this into account. If the Configuration Builder cannot write the files to your server for some reason, you will need to manually edit the /core/includes/config.php file. The instructions are above.

Warning: ignore_user_abort() has been disabled for security reasons in /clientdata/apache-www/d/o/doula.com.au/www/forums/core/install/upgrade.php on line 15
        This would be a server configuration issue and we cannot do anything about it. You would need your hosting provider to lift this restriction.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• aasantha
          • Aug 2010

finally install went through , after putting makeconfig.php into home directory.... and now my forum.com/admincp does not work

only i can see when i go to domain.com/forum/admincp (after installation i was given this link to access admin panel) Index of /forum/admincp

Comment

• Sadda
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by aasantha
            finally install went through , after putting makeconfig.php into home directory.... and now my forum.com/admincp does not work

only i can see when i go to domain.com/forum/admincp (after installation i was given this link to access admin panel) Index of /forum/admincp

I'm having exactly the same problem! I've latest version of Apache and PHP. I tested more than 10 times today with a fresh copy of vBulletin v5.0.4 (downloaded to today) and unable to access board homepage at!

All I did is:

1.) Rename "config.php.bkp" to "config.php"
            2.) Rename "config.php.new" to "config.php"
            3.) Rename "admincp" folder to "MyAdminCP"
            4.) Rename "modcp" folder to "MyModCP"
            5.) Set the following properties in "config.php" (core/includes): admincp, modcp, database name, database username, password and enable memcache
            6.) Went to: http://domain.com/community/ ... Installation started ... entered custom number ... selects defaults settings ... Set Board Title, Email, Username and Password
            7.) Installation Successful. Removed "install" folder from "core/includes" folder.
            8.) Clicked on go to "Admin CP" button

It took me to: http://domain.com/community/MyAdminCP and shows NOT FOUND error.
            The board homepage http://domain.com/community/ and shows site without css i.e., barely text without any images, css etc.

I request vBulletin team to document detailed installation instructions before releasing a latest version. Any usable prompt help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

• Yves R.
              vBulletin QA
              • Nov 2003
              • 5.6.X

Renaming admincp/modcp directories are not supported in vB5 actually.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• Sadda
                • Mar 2013

At the time of vBulletin v5.0.0, support told (ticket 1183759) me that its a known issue and suppose to be fixed in v5.0.3 I'm sure that this issue has been fixed in previous version of Connect. But the issue came back again! Highly disappointed!

Comment

• Sadda
                  • Mar 2013

I renamed both "admincp" and "modcp" folders back to regular names and also modified "config.php" file in core/includes folder to reflect original "admincp" and "modcp" names. I removed everything from server and recreated databases and uploaded new files. I ran installation 13th time and it still shows the same error.

After the installation, I clicked on ""Back to AdminCP" button and it took me to: http://domain.com/community/admincp/ which shows Index of /

UPDATE

I'm able to login into admincp when I visit http://domain.com/community/core/admincp and clicking on "Site Home Page" link from admincp points to: http://domain.com/community/core/

See attachments. Awaiting for quick fix since it's not letting me to do installation at this time.

Thanks you.
                  Last edited by Sadda; Sun 11 Aug '13, 4:14am.

Comment

• ahwebdesign
                    ahwebdesign commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Greetings:

I'm having this same issue. did you put the .htaccess file in your root directory or did you upload it to the community directory?

Did you remove the old files and installed a fresh new copy of all files
                • Sadda
                  • Mar 2013

@Support,

Any update please?

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Custom AdminCP/modcp names are still not supported. Your issues look like you didn't upload the htaccess files, or your server doesn't support mod_rewrite or the htaccess file itself.

Comment

• ahwebdesign
                      ahwebdesign commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have the same issue. I uploaded the .htaccess file to the main directory (and also tried uploading to the forum directory). I received this error (http://cl.ly/image/1W0Q1y3C2F22)
                  • Sadda
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Zachery
                    Custom AdminCP/modcp names are still not supported. Your issues look like you didn't upload the htaccess files, or your server doesn't support mod_rewrite or the htaccess file itself.
                    Yup! You are right. I extracted the package again on Mac and I found .htaccess file in the upload folder. Somehow the didn't see the file when I first extract in Windows 7.

Thanks for the quick help!

Comment