Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum runner issues

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    vBulletin Cloud supports the Forum Runner app which is a direct competitor to Tapatalk. And owned by our parent company. I don't foresee adding Tapatalk support in the foreseeable future.
    Forum runner is a direct competitor to Tapatalk. Seriously you telling this Wayne Luke ? Do you even use forum runner ?

Can you please answer few of my below queries about forum runner ?
    1. When someone make some comments on any post, where do i see that in forum runner ?
    2. Activated push notification but never got any notification. Tried with PM and Subscribed threads. How does it really work ?
    3. When there is some new post, the forum icon changes to blue. Nice. But when I go inside that forum, in which thread is the new post, how do i understand that ? See below pics

4. When members like any post, how do i see who all liked on forum runner ?
    5. There is an image in a post. Shared with the IMG code. When I click on the thumbnail to see the pic. It shows "This photo set contains no photos". Then how someone suppose to see photos when they are using forum runner on their phone ?

The forum runner was last updated on 04 February 2013. I wonder how come your parent company doesn't feel the need of updating this up. Its really very pathetic to see how vBulletin doing business in market.
    Last edited by blrjohn07; Wed 28th Oct '15, 8:46am.

1) They should appear inline. I can't login to your site though to verify this. The Forum Runner crashes on my phone when accessing your site. I haven't figured out why yet.

2) I'll admit, I don't use them as I am not a fan of a large number of notifications all the time. Will have to sign up and see after I get #1 fixed.

3) Default sort order would have the topic with the newest post at the top. The app appears to be showing topic creation date, not the newest reply date. Entering a topic will take you directly to the newest reply within it.

4) There is no functional difference between liking a post in Forum Runner or in the Web Application. Therefore this is not tracked.

5) Seems like a bug. Will have to investigate.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      1) They should appear inline. I can't login to your site though to verify this. The Forum Runner crashes on my phone when accessing your site. I haven't figured out why yet.
      I never can see any comments on Forum Runner. See the below image. Post no 162 has 2 comments.

And the same post on Forum Runner. Where do I see the comments ???

You can login with below username and password

Username : test
      Password : test123

2) I'll admit, I don't use them as I am not a fan of a large number of notifications all the time. Will have to sign up and see after I get #1 fixed.

3) Default sort order would have the topic with the newest post at the top. The app appears to be showing topic creation date, not the newest reply date. Entering a topic will take you directly to the newest reply within it.

Entering the topic never takes me directly to the newest reply within it. It just stays on the top. I manually have to scroll down to see the reply.

4) There is no functional difference between liking a post in Forum Runner or in the Web Application. Therefore this is not tracked.

Its so awesome in Tapatalk. Feature like this in Forum Runner definitely throwing my members out. Everyday I am geting so much of request for the Tapatalk. Forum runner has no popularity or user friendly interface like Tapatalk. And there is no updates on forum runner since 2014 Feb. Really very sad.

5) Seems like a bug. Will have to investigate.
      Appreciate your reply.
      Last edited by blrjohn07; Wed 28th Oct '15, 12:27pm.

Comment