This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I activate Forum Runner?

Activating Forum Runner in vBulletin 5 is similar to how it works in vBulletin 4.

First go to Settings -> Options -> Plugins / Hooks and make sure the Product System is turned on.

Next in the Admin CP's left navigation do to Products / Hooks -> Manage Products. On this page, choose Enable on the Controls dropdown for Forum Runner.

If you haven't registered Forum Runner for your site yet, then place go to https://members.vbulletin.com/, login and click the "Activate Forum Runner" link. Please note that to activate, your site must be public and not hidden behind .htaccess.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your most annoying bugs.
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

What will happen to users who has Forum Runner branded package ?
    Will we have to follow same activation process or a different one ?

Comment

nice to know that it could be so easy. I just see the vbulletin as a installed product but when I navigate to list extensions i see the forumrunner as activated but its not listed under manage products and the website still says that forumrunner is not activated -.-

Comment

Originally posted by globe View Post
        nice to know that it could be so easy. I just see the vbulletin as a installed product but when I navigate to list extensions i see the forumrunner as activated but its not listed under manage products and the website still says that forumrunner is not activated -.-
        Do you have any third-party extensions installed in your vBulletin 5 installation?

Wayne Luke

Comment

no I didn't installed any third party mods I already made a fresh Install...

Comment

I've enabled as requested above, but I dont have a dropdown or option to enable the product.

Forumrunner is uploaded and everythings in place.

So.... not sure how I can proceed. Is it in place for beta 19?

Comment

My forum link : www.bangalorebikers.in
              Forum version : VB 5.1.9
              Forum hosted on VBulletin Cloud.

Forum runner is not working for me.

Forum runner is enabled from AdminCP. Here is the pic

Its activated in the members area. Here is the pic

Its published in forumrunner.net site. Here is the pic

I have purchased the forum runner app from apple store. When I search for my forum, I get the forum. But when I try to get in, it shows an error. See the below pic.

Now my question is, How do I get the forum runner working for my forum ?

Please help.

Comment

Addon Products are not currently available in Cloud. I do know why you see those options. I will discuss with the developers if there is an issue for enabling Forum Runner on cloud accounts.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hmmm.. I've gotten the go-ahead to enable these and have done so on your site. Please try again.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I have tried just now and it still doesn't work. It shows the same error I mentioned in my previous post in this thread.

wayne Luke, can you please have a look? I really need forum runner as Vbcloud doesn't support Tapatalk.

Sent from iPhone using Forum Runner
                    Last edited by blrjohn07; Mon 26th Oct '15, 2:55pm.

Comment

wayne Luke, I have tried forum runner just now couple of time. It still doesn't work. It shows the same error I mentioned in my previous post in this thread. I also tried posting this same content here from my iPhone using forum runner, 2 times the app crashed and 3rd time it showed invalid thread.

Comment

• blrjohn07
                        blrjohn07 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Now look at the post no 10. On my phone it showed invalid thread error and Once I made this post (#11), I noticed the post from iPhone was actually posted.

It is redirecting to a URL not found message. I have no idea why and do not have access to your files. I am having the development team look at it.

Wayne Luke

Comment

You need to make your home node viewable by guest users and try again. Currently you don't allow guests to view your site.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you & Wayne Luke, Its working now. Forum runner app is not free for us hope our members take it easy and buy this app. We will keep you posted about the issues we face.

Sent from iPhone using Forum Runner

Comment

How the Push Notifications works in forum Runner? I don't get any notification when members post or quote me or mention me.

And when I tag someone from computer with the @ symbol, in forum runner it shows as code "wayne.

Comment

Working...
                            X