X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dannycsz
    replied
    noted with thanks.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    From the inline help (the little question markes on the right side of every single option in the AdminCP) -

At least - No one can have posted in this topic for at least this long in order for it to be pruned. This is useful for selecting topics that are no longer active.

At Most - No one can have posted in this topic for longer than this time in order for it to be pruned. You can use this setting in conjunction with the previous setting to create a window of time that you want to be pruned.

So if you wanted to prune everything between 500 and 1000 days ago, then you would put in 500 and 1000 in the two options respectively.

it isn't a "Which Option" should I use. They are a number of options that you can use to refine your search and create a list of topics to delete. You can use all the options if you want.

If you enter in 500 for the first option, then topics that haven't been posted to in 500 days will be deleted.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    From the inline help (the little question markes on the right side of every single option in the AdminCP) -

At least - No one can have posted in this topic for at least this long in order for it to be pruned. This is useful for selecting topics that are no longer active.

At Most - No one can have posted in this topic for longer than this time in order for it to be pruned. You can use this setting in conjunction with the previous setting to create a window of time that you want to be pruned.

So if you wanted to prune everything between 500 and 1000 days ago, then you would put in 500 and 1000 in the two options respectively.

it isn't a "Which Option" should I use. They are a number of options that you can use to refine your search and create a list of topics to delete. You can use all the options if you want.

If you enter in 500 for the first option, then topics that haven't been posted to in 500 days will be deleted.

Leave a comment:

• dannycsz
    replied
    Appreciate your kind response. with reference to my first post, i am aware that i have to input the value. however i was unsure the options
    1. at least X days
    2. at most X days.

"can someone give an example of the following

Last post date is at least X days ago - does it mean if i input 500 days, it will prune all topics from 31/12/2016 till 01/01/2015? and any topics from 01/01/2017 will NOT BE DELETED?

Last post date is at most X days ago - which topics last date will it be prune?"

which was why i ask for example in quotes which will have clarified my doubts.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    You should enter in the values and review the list of topics before you mass prune them. The tool allows for this in the AdminCP.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You should enter in the values and review the list of topics before you mass prune them. The tool allows for this in the AdminCP.

Leave a comment:

• dannycsz
    started a topic which option should i choose

which option should i choose

Hi,

If i want to delete topics TODAY which has the last post between 01/01/2015 (from today is 1230 days) and 31/12/2016 (from today is 500 days) in a particular channnel, which of the prune options should i choose?

can someone give an example of the following

Last post date is at least X days ago - does it mean if i input 500 days, it will prune all topics from 31/12/2016 till 01/01/2015? and any topics from 01/01/2017 will NOT BE DELETED?

Last post date is at most X days ago - which topics last date will it be prune?