X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brainless_mn
    • Dec 2014
    • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
    Are you sure you are on vBCloud version and not on self-hosted version? Editing templates is not allowed ever since they started offering vBCloud. And just adding that custom CSS will not add the forum name.
    Pretty sure I'm paying for the vbCloud which I may be starting to regret. And that's correct: I am not able to edit templates. I can only add CSS by going to Edit Styles -> Pick Theme -> CSS Editor.
    Hopefully the screenshot is proof enough that it did work without going into the code. Or at least I sure didn't.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

I don't know how it happened. But I'm pretty sure if it worked before then you were able to somehow edit the display_Topics_item template and apply the changes that Mark posted. There was no way for that custom css to work alone as it is just for styling the added forum name.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Glenn is correct, the css is only to add relevant styling to make the results easier to read.
        Making the forum names appear in the results requires a template edit, and template edits are not possible on the Cloud platform.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• bigbear83
          • Nov 2015
          • 5.1.x

Hey Mark.B many thx for this pretty nifty little tweak man

Just got a quick question for you if you don't mind me asking but is there any way to add this tweak to the search module that has the latest topics? I was thinking it was going to be a similar tweak as you did there for the today's posts/new topics but i'm useless when it comes to tweaks like these and even if its anything similar I would never be able to figure out what exactly would need tweaking and where, etc ... many thx in advance!

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by bigbear83
            Hey Mark.B many thx for this pretty nifty little tweak man

Just got a quick question for you if you don't mind me asking but is there any way to add this tweak to the search module that has the latest topics? I was thinking it was going to be a similar tweak as you did there for the today's posts/new topics but i'm useless when it comes to tweaks like these and even if its anything similar I would never be able to figure out what exactly would need tweaking and where, etc ... many thx in advance!
            Take out these conditionals:
            Code:
            <vb:if condition="$page['title'] == 'Search Result'">
            And of course remove their closing if statement from the end of the lines:
            Code:
            </vb:if>
            That should make them show up everywhere...though in sidebars having the forum name can be a little cluttered.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------

Comment

• bigbear83
              • Nov 2015
              • 5.1.x

Excellent Mark.B! Works like a charm ... Thx a ton man

Comment

• Zeefje
                • Feb 2017
                • 6.0.X

I'm completely new to this, but in 5.2.6 does is still work the same? I can only find
                Code:
                <vb:comment>This needs to be one line or the output will have whitespace where there needs to not be whitespace</vb:comment>
                                    {vb:if "!empty($topic['userid'])", {vb:rawphrase started_by_link_x_y, {vb:var profileUrl}, {vb:raw topic.authorname}},{vb:rawphrase started_by_x, {vb:raw guestname}}}{vb:if "isset($topic['created'])", {vb:rawphrase on_date_x, {vb:datetime {vb:raw topic.created}}}}
                and I can't find the guest code seperatly

Where exactly do I need to insert what?
                Thank you

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Zeefje
                  I'm completely new to this, but in 5.2.6 does is still work the same? I can only find
                  Code:
                  <vb:comment>This needs to be one line or the output will have whitespace where there needs to not be whitespace</vb:comment>
                  {vb:if "!empty($topic['userid'])", {vb:rawphrase started_by_link_x_y, {vb:var profileUrl}, {vb:raw topic.authorname}},{vb:rawphrase started_by_x, {vb:raw guestname}}}{vb:if "isset($topic['created'])", {vb:rawphrase on_date_x, {vb:datetime {vb:raw topic.created}}}}
                  and I can't find the guest code seperatly

Where exactly do I need to insert what?
                  Thank you
                  I've updated the instructions, I think it changed slightly. There are less edits to make now.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------

Comment

• Zeefje
                    • Feb 2017
                    • 6.0.X

Thank you!

Comment

• BTMike
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 5.7.X

I'm running on the cloud platform, I have had several comments from members regarding this issue, We are a technical discussions forum and end up with members accidentally posting on topics they have no background or experience in quite often.

I think its a common sense deal to have the forum listed on the New Topic or Today's Posts, due to the technical nature of my community not having the forums listed makes the New or Today's listings very difficult to follow.

Since this thread started in 2014 has there been an official feature request that has been made on this?

Being on cloud platform it appears my members are kinda stuck. It looks like a pretty simple fix when you have access to edit your template files. Why is it not made standard in all releases?
                      Last edited by BTMike; Sat 27 May '17, 8:58am.

Comment

• lille L
                        • Oct 2007

Is it possible for us with the connect clouds system to get this?

Comment

• Mark.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by lille L
                          Is it possible for us with the connect clouds system to get this?
                          No, it requires a template edit which cannot be done on Cloud. Sorry.
                          MARK.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          ------------

Comment

• lille L
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Mark.B

No, it requires a template edit which cannot be done on Cloud. Sorry.

I wish this really really will come in a about in cloud. Its what i miss most. In a big forum, its easy to lost track without it

Comment

• Mark.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Feb 2004
                              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by lille L

I wish this really really will come in a about in cloud. Its what i miss most. In a big forum, its easy to lost track without it
                              lille L Please check your PMs.
                              MARK.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              ------------

Comment