How and Where do I edit my vBulletin navigation menu color ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TravelTalk
    • Jun 2013
    • 4.2.X

How and Where do I edit my vBulletin navigation menu color ?

When i use the dropdown menu I need to hover over each line to view what each one says because the text color is White and the back round color is maybe a light gray
    it's pretty hard to see.

1. Is it easier to change the Text or Back round color ?

2. Where can I change any of the above.

3. What do I need to do to change either

4. is the navigation menu colors connected to anywhere else on the forum ?
    * meaning if I do get to change the Text or backround color, does it affect a change of my header or navigation Bar

I have VB 5.5.2

Thank you
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

In the AdminCP go to Styles -> Style Manager. Select "Style Variable Editor" in the "Choose Action..." drop down for the style that you want to change. The navigation bar style variables are header_tab_* and header_tabbbar_*. The rest of the variable name describes what it does. For instance header_tab_background changes the background color of the tabs. header_tab_background_active changes the background of the active tab. They each have a description when you click on them. Edit that group to fit your needs. As far as I am aware, these style variables aren't inherited or used elsewhere.

If you want to build a cohesive look with as few style variables as possible, then look at the Global Palette style variables. This is a group of 15 or so style variables that are inherited by many of the other variables that aren't customized. You can change colors here and have them apply throughout the site.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TravelTalk
      • Jun 2013
      • 4.2.X

Thank you Wayne as usual

Do you happen to know where I can find the In-Line moderator tool dropdown list or I believe it's called "moderation drop down list"
      in my screenshot you can see ( or Can't see ) the dropdown menu has a very light gray color and the text is White
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1244).jpg
Views:	517
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	4416611

I'd like to change either the Text or Backround, both if needed

Thank you

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

That is the "toolbar" area. So in the Style Variable Editor if you scroll down to "Toolbar" you'll see a bunch of style variables labeled toolbar_dropdown_*. These control the look of those drop downs.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TravelTalk
          • Jun 2013
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          That is the "toolbar" area. So in the Style Variable Editor if you scroll down to "Toolbar" you'll see a bunch of style variables labeled toolbar_dropdown_*. These control the look of those drop downs.
          Thank you again Wayne, Worked Perfectly

Comment

• Carrfixr
            • May 2017
            • 5.5.x

Be careful, changing those stylevars also changes the main user drop down menu on mobile. Advanced search, filter dropdowns, messages and much more
            Last edited by Carrfixr; Tue 11 Jun '19, 4:23pm.

Comment