X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riser4what
    • Sep 2018
    • 5.3.x

Error after changing Channel Permission

Hello i`m getting this error after changning permission done of channels.

when i save new permissions and come back to my home page of forum and getting this error...

my few sections was hidden for Guest User...now i Allow them for Guest users and after done in permissions then getting this error.

That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

am using 5.5.2 VB

also nothing in error logs.

please help cant see my forum sections anymore just getting this error
    That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
    Last edited by riser4what; Sat 18 May '19, 4:35am.
  • riser4what
    • Sep 2018
    • 5.3.x

i rollbackup of my server...and problem still same..

how to solve it please?

Comment

• riser4what
      • Sep 2018
      • 5.3.x

i roll back up the server before 10 hours and problem is solved.(lost my users data last 10 hours)

but stil i want to show section for guests but i`m now nervous to touch again channel permission option.
      what to do to show few sections to guests?,,,i dont want more problems.

why bug is still not fixed yet in latest version....? (https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...missions-error)

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

When you encountered that "That action could not be completed" error, you should have enabled debug mode to see the exact cause of the issue and posted it here. That way we could have find a fix based on that information. What you did was just avoid the issue and now you're scared to do it again.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• riser4what
          • Sep 2018
          • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
          When you encountered that "That action could not be completed" error, you should have enabled debug mode to see the exact cause of the issue and posted it here. That way we could have find a fix based on that information. What you did was just avoid the issue and now you're scared to do it again.
          thanks glen for your reply.

ok glen as u say i will take a risk again and if problem come then i will do debug mod and will post here the error...

is there any other way should i use for show my hidden sections to Guest user manually?

let me know thanks once again.

Comment

• riser4what
            • Sep 2018
            • 5.3.x

Finally its work glen....thanks for your reply.

What thing i do?....i change database engine from innodb to myisam - its more reliable and such situations with database transaction logs versions will not appear in myisam.
            myisam db engine helped, that error simply no appear in it

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

No... MyISAM is not more reliable and it will cause problems with your system. Especially with Transactions because MyISAM does not support them. It will also degrade performance of your site due to the nature of Table Locking. Basically only one person can submit a change to a table at a time. Compared to InnoDB which uses Row Level locking and many people can submit to the table at the same time.

You need to use INNODB with vBulletin 5. We require the use of Transactions in relation to the cache and nodes.

For best performance you should should be using at least MySQL 5.6.10 but we strongly recommend MySQL 5.7 or 8.0. If you're using MariaDB, then you should be using 10.2 or higher. You need to use INNODB, with innodb_large_prefix set to On, on all tables except language, phrase, and userfield. Ideally, your database will be using the utf8mb4 character set and the utf8mb4_unicode_ci collation.

For more information see: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/arti...best-practices
              Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 20 May '19, 9:01am.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment