Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgrade 5.5.1 to 5.5.2 error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • domdom
    started a topic upgrade 5.5.1 to 5.5.2 error

    upgrade 5.5.1 to 5.5.2 error

    Hello,

    after the upgrade 5.5.1 to 5.5.2, all content in the html modules has been removed. Try to fix the problem for the future version.

    So I reinstall version 5.5.1.

    Regards.

  • Wayne Luke
    replied
    We have a fix for this in 5.5.3. We know how it happened. It is due to a character set mismatch in the field that stores that data and a step that upgrades the JSON to be UTF-8 compliant. There is no way to recover the data after upgrading to 5.5.2 if this affected you.

    However, making backups of custom data is just good common sense.

    Leave a comment:


  • webgeek247
    replied
    Same happened to our two custom pages on our forum after the upgrade https://forums.hosting/forum/other-f...-does-not-work

    Why should we need to backup custom HTML before the upgrade? Be serious. An upgrade should not break that. It would be good if you could figure out why it happened as it is an inconvenience as now forum owners will need to revert to an older backup just get the custom HTML and then restore a recent backup and then put the custom HTML back again. A bit tedious process. Again, an upgrade should not break the custom HTML module. If it is not possible to upgrade the forum without breaking that they should not be supported at all, IMO.

    Leave a comment:


  • domdom
    replied
    Possible... if it helps... I have upgraded from last year to version 5.4.4 to 5.5.0
    then from 5.5.0 to 5.5.1.

    Since version 5.4.4, I already had some html modules on the site. I added some during version 5.5.0 and then updated vBulletin to version 5.5.1.

    Each time, I retrieved the content of the modules. And the database server is from the beginning (5.4.4) managed by MariaDB.

    Regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wayne Luke
    replied
    I will attempt to install MariaDB on my local test bed and see if I can recreate the issue. That is the only common thread that I am seeing at this time. Maybe it has a problem with the JSON storage of Module Options.

    Leave a comment:


  • domdom
    replied
    Personally, I can't answer you. Users who have experienced this problem should be asked.

    Leave a comment:


  • In Omnibus
    replied
    Question, and it may be irrelevant but I'm short on ideas.

    Is everyone who has had this issue running MariaDB?

    Leave a comment:


  • domdom
    replied
    Hello the team

    Here is all the information I can provide you at the time of the problem with html modules.

    I tried with and without Adblock = same problem
    I tried with and without Ghostery = same problem

    I only have these 2 modules in my browser.

    Firefox version: 67.0 (I even tried the 66.04 = same problem).

    Below, the server settings currently active at the time of the update:
    Version Apache 2.4.39
    Version de PHP 7.2.17
    Version de MySQL 10.2.24-MariaDB
    Architecture x86_64
    Système d’exploitation linux
    Chemin vers Perl /usr/bin/perl
    Version de Perl 5.16.3
    Version du noyau 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.24.9.el7.x86_64
    If you want more information, do not hesitate to contact me.

    Best Regards.

    Domi

    Leave a comment:


  • In Omnibus
    replied
    Originally posted by domdom View Post
    For Omnibus,

    Fortunately, I had backed up the database (as I do every time I update it), otherwise I can't imagine the problems afterwards!

    Here, backup or not, the problem remains the same.
    Are you running a program that might block adware or javascriot? We've been trying to track this down without success. Any ideas might be helpful.

    Leave a comment:


  • domdom
    replied
    For Omnibus,

    Fortunately, I had backed up the database (as I do every time I update it), otherwise I can't imagine the problems afterwards!

    Here, backup or not, the problem remains the same.

    Leave a comment:


  • In Omnibus
    commented on 's reply
    vBulletin has always advised backing up a database before upgrading. That would not be a new procedure.

  • mark.hs
    replied
    I'm using 10.2.24-MariaDB on Centos 7.0

    Leave a comment:


  • Wayne Luke
    replied
    What database server are people with this issue using?

    I am using MySQL 5.7.23-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

    Leave a comment:


  • mark.hs
    replied
    We upgraded from v5.5.0 to v5.5.2 last night and our HTML Static modules were also reset during the upgrade. What we mean by "reset" is that all content was deleted and the title of the module was renamed back to "Unconfigured Static HTML Module" . We followed all normal upgrade procedure including closing the forum during upgrade. This could be a huge issue for forum owners with a large number of HTML modules; I'd recommend the VB team advise people to backup their HTML content before proceeding with the upgrade. Fortunately for us, we only had a few HTML pages with instructional content that could be easily recovered..

    Leave a comment:


  • domdom
    replied
    Hello Luke,

    No problem, Luke. It's already nice of you to have had a look at this problem. I will stay for a while with version 5.5.1. I will try again to update it with interesting features like displaying the number of elements of a channel directly in the modules.
    Thank you and have a good day. Greettings.

    Domi

    Leave a comment:

Related Topics

Collapse

Working...
X