X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • domdom
    • Oct 2018

upgrade 5.5.1 to 5.5.2 error

Hello,

after the upgrade 5.5.1 to 5.5.2, all content in the html modules has been removed. Try to fix the problem for the future version.

So I reinstall version 5.5.1.

Regards.
  • zweeper
    • Jan 2005
    • 6.0.X

Had the same issue...

Comment

• domdom
      • Oct 2018

a friend also encountered the same problem, he had to reinstall the previous version.

Comment

• In Omnibus
        • Apr 2010

Three posts that don't tell anyone anything. What modules? What content? Did you rebuild the cache or take any other steps before deciding "it doesn't work?"

I tested 5.5.2 a dozen or more times before it was released and never encountered any issues with the modules so unless you can give the developers something more to go on it's going to be hard to track this down. Both of you have been around long enough to know the drill. "It doesn't work!" tells support and the developers nothing.

Comment

• domdom
          • Oct 2018

I'm sorry, dear sir, but not everyone is an expert like you. I'm not a developer. There's no need to get angry.
          I have clearly specified the static HTML modules. All html content is simply deleted.
          I did not empty the cache, I reinstalled the previous version (5.5.1) to find the content inside the modules.
          What do you want me to propose to the developers? We are already having a hard time explaining the reasons. I'm sorry I'm an idiot.
          In the future, I won't say anything more, it will avoid being belittled for sir I know everything.

bye

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Have had a few reports with this. Will investigate and report it to the developers.

My suggestion at this time is to always keep backups of your custom HTML in text files on your local machine or in cloud storage.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• In Omnibus
              In Omnibus commented
              Editing a comment
              How many customers have upgraded to 5.5.2? Are only a few customers out of hundreds having an issue? I've been trying to track this down to some starting point but have been unable to reproduce the problem. That's not as helpful to the developers as I'd hoped.
          • domdom
            • Oct 2018

Hello Luke,

Thank you for your intervention. I had saved the html content, but as I have a lot to restore, I preferred to go back to version 5.5.1 while waiting for a possible update for 5.5.3.

Greetings.

Domi

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

You'll have to restore the database backup you made before you upgraded. Any content added to your site after upgrading will be lost.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• domdom
                • Oct 2018

during the upgrade, the site was closed, and when I noticed the problem of lost content with html modules, I left the site closed and restored the database first and then version 5.5.1. Once this was completed, I opened the site again. nothing has been lost since the site has remained closed

Comment

• In Omnibus
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by domdom
                  I'm sorry, dear sir, but not everyone is an expert like you. I'm not a developer. There's no need to get angry.
                  I have clearly specified the static HTML modules. All html content is simply deleted.
                  I did not empty the cache, I reinstalled the previous version (5.5.1) to find the content inside the modules.
                  What do you want me to propose to the developers? We are already having a hard time explaining the reasons. I'm sorry I'm an idiot.
                  In the future, I won't say anything more, it will avoid being belittled for sir I know everything.

bye
                  I wouldn't typically address this but it seems important to clear up some confusion. First of all I'm not an "expert" or a Developer. I'm not even Support staff. I'm just a volunteer who tests out alpha and beta versions before they are released. If I missed something or if I can help get something tracked down and fixed more quickly that's what I try to do. I'm sorry I can't help without more information than "It doesn't work!" It's frustrating for me as well as for you because I spend countless hours testing the pre-release versions. Hopefully, Wayne Luke or one of the developers was able to track down the specific cause of the issue.

If you feel like the context of the post was insulting it was not in any manner intended to be. It was simply an attempt to get more information to resolve your issue faster.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

I have not been able to duplicate an upgrade deleting the contents of static HTML modules. My previous guidance stands. You need to back up your custom content from Static HTML and PHP modules into standalone files so you can recreate them if something happens to them. Databases are not infallible.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• domdom
                      • Oct 2018

Hello Luke,

No problem, Luke. It's already nice of you to have had a look at this problem. I will stay for a while with version 5.5.1. I will try again to update it with interesting features like displaying the number of elements of a channel directly in the modules.
                      Thank you and have a good day. Greettings.

Domi

Comment

• mark.hs
                        • Dec 2016

We upgraded from v5.5.0 to v5.5.2 last night and our HTML Static modules were also reset during the upgrade. What we mean by "reset" is that all content was deleted and the title of the module was renamed back to "Unconfigured Static HTML Module" . We followed all normal upgrade procedure including closing the forum during upgrade. This could be a huge issue for forum owners with a large number of HTML modules; I'd recommend the VB team advise people to backup their HTML content before proceeding with the upgrade. Fortunately for us, we only had a few HTML pages with instructional content that could be easily recovered..
                        Admin for hobbysquawk.com
                        VB 5.74
                        PHP 8.2
                        Maria DB 10.6

Comment

• In Omnibus
                          In Omnibus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          vBulletin has always advised backing up a database before upgrading. That would not be a new procedure.
                      • Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

What database server are people with this issue using?

I am using MySQL 5.7.23-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mark.hs
                          • Dec 2016

I'm using 10.2.24-MariaDB on Centos 7.0
                          Admin for hobbysquawk.com
                          VB 5.74
                          PHP 8.2
                          Maria DB 10.6

Comment