Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgrade 5.5.1 to 5.5.2 error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    For Omnibus,

    Fortunately, I had backed up the database (as I do every time I update it), otherwise I can't imagine the problems afterwards!

    Here, backup or not, the problem remains the same.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by domdom View Post
      For Omnibus,

      Fortunately, I had backed up the database (as I do every time I update it), otherwise I can't imagine the problems afterwards!

      Here, backup or not, the problem remains the same.
      Are you running a program that might block adware or javascriot? We've been trying to track this down without success. Any ideas might be helpful.

      Comment


      • #18
        Hello the team

        Here is all the information I can provide you at the time of the problem with html modules.

        I tried with and without Adblock = same problem
        I tried with and without Ghostery = same problem

        I only have these 2 modules in my browser.

        Firefox version: 67.0 (I even tried the 66.04 = same problem).

        Below, the server settings currently active at the time of the update:
        Version Apache 2.4.39
        Version de PHP 7.2.17
        Version de MySQL 10.2.24-MariaDB
        Architecture x86_64
        Système d’exploitation linux
        Chemin vers Perl /usr/bin/perl
        Version de Perl 5.16.3
        Version du noyau 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.24.9.el7.x86_64
        If you want more information, do not hesitate to contact me.

        Best Regards.

        Domi

        Comment


        • #19
          Question, and it may be irrelevant but I'm short on ideas.

          Is everyone who has had this issue running MariaDB?

          Comment


          • #20
            Personally, I can't answer you. Users who have experienced this problem should be asked.

            Comment


            • #21
              I will attempt to install MariaDB on my local test bed and see if I can recreate the issue. That is the only common thread that I am seeing at this time. Maybe it has a problem with the JSON storage of Module Options.
              Translations provided by Google.

              Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

              Comment


              • #22
                Possible... if it helps... I have upgraded from last year to version 5.4.4 to 5.5.0
                then from 5.5.0 to 5.5.1.

                Since version 5.4.4, I already had some html modules on the site. I added some during version 5.5.0 and then updated vBulletin to version 5.5.1.

                Each time, I retrieved the content of the modules. And the database server is from the beginning (5.4.4) managed by MariaDB.

                Regards.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Same happened to our two custom pages on our forum after the upgrade https://forums.hosting/forum/other-f...-does-not-work

                  Why should we need to backup custom HTML before the upgrade? Be serious. An upgrade should not break that. It would be good if you could figure out why it happened as it is an inconvenience as now forum owners will need to revert to an older backup just get the custom HTML and then restore a recent backup and then put the custom HTML back again. A bit tedious process. Again, an upgrade should not break the custom HTML module. If it is not possible to upgrade the forum without breaking that they should not be supported at all, IMO.
                  Web Hosting Forum | Fastest Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Reseller Hosting | cPanel Hosting | Managed VPS UK | SSD Web Hosting | Web Hosting UK

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    We have a fix for this in 5.5.3. We know how it happened. It is due to a character set mismatch in the field that stores that data and a step that upgrades the JSON to be UTF-8 compliant. There is no way to recover the data after upgrading to 5.5.2 if this affected you.

                    However, making backups of custom data is just good common sense.
                    Translations provided by Google.

                    Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X