Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by woodmj
    Just wondered if this feature add was thought about/progressed any further?I

Am using the latest VB5 production/live version.
    There is no progress at this time. Any updates would be in the bug report itself.

Leave a comment:

• woodmj
    replied
    Just wondered if this feature add was thought about/progressed any further?I

Am using the latest VB5 production/live version.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    No, it is not possible to change the sorting of articles. There are no options to do so on the Module. That is why I created and linked the Issue Report above.

Leave a comment:

• woodmj
    replied
    Ok, thanks for that.

Is it possible to use an alphabetical index (like with Member List) with Articles?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Like all other content display, it uses a search query that is modified on the fly by the user's permissions. Most queries in vBulletin 5 are dynamically built. There isn't necessarily a specific query in a file that can be modified to change things.

Code:
    {vb:rawdata nodes, search, getInitialResults, {vb:raw articleOptions}, {vb:raw articleWidgetConfig.resultsPerPage}, {vb:raw page.pagenum}, 1}
    {vb:data nodeResultsWithViews, node, 'mergeNodeviewsForTopics', {vb:raw nodes.results}}
    Those two lines in the template setup the queries. Since there are no sorting options on the Article Channel Display Module, it comes out as the database server returns the results.

Leave a comment:

• woodmj
    replied
    I looked at Lastupdate, Published Date and Created but had no joy getting a consistent kind of order to a paginated list of Articles.

Does anyone know the query VB5 uses to pull back Articles from the DB and display them in paginated lists?

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    commented on 's reply
    Were those articles edited? I think it works by Last Updated date, not by Last Published Date. I could be wrong about that but I seem to recall it being that way at one time.

• woodmj
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Articles are sorted by publish date.

There is a feature request to add sorting to Articles here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18768

Hmm. Yes, this holds true for the 1st page of a paginated list of articles for me but when I click onto page 2 the wheels start to fall off...
    Pg1.
    Published Date :
    14/5
    14/5
    14/5
    14/5
    13/5
    11/5
    11/5
    11/5
    10/5
    26/4

Pg2.
    Published Date :
    24/4
    22/3
    23/3
    15/3
    24/3
    7/3
    23/4
    26/4
    17/4
    8/4

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Articles are sorted by publish date.

There is a feature request to add sorting to Articles here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18768

Leave a comment:

• woodmj
    started a topic Articles pagination order?

Articles pagination order?

Hi, Just wondered which order Articles are sorted by when you enable pagination? Mine appear jumbled somewhat if I enable it.