• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nicklas Jonsson
    • Jun 2016
    • 5.2.x

reCaptcha stopped working

Hi,

I have a vBulletin 5.2.2 installation and had reCaptcha setup working very well. Around mid last year the actual captcha stopped to show on our pages and we had to turn it off.

If I now turn it back on for registration I do get a "header" for the Image verification but nothing appears for me.

I've verified that I have the public and private keys correctly set and those are correct. If I inspect the page I do find a suspect but I don't know how to fix that:

Uncaught ReferenceError: Recaptcha is not defined
    at vBulletin.hv.reset (footer-rollup-522.js:2466)

In the Human Verification Manager I have reCaptcha selected, I have the public and private key correctly set and the theme is left at the default white. Right now all the Human Verification Options is turned off as it doesn't work but when testing I just get the issue described above.

Any hints on what to check next?

• Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

5.2.2 is completely unsupported - you should upgrade to 5.5.2 before trying anything, as the code for recaptcha has changed since 5.2.2.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

vBulletin 5.2.2 only supports ReCaptcha version 1. This version was removed from service from Google a couple of 12-18 months ago.

As Mark stated, you need to upgrade to vBulletin 5.5.1 to get the best version of the software including support for ReCaptcha version 2. Since 5.2.2 was released, we have resolved several thousand bugs and feature requests in the software.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment