Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodmj
    • Mar 2013

Subnav problem

I'm getting this strange issue with the Subnav.

When I'm in Site Builder no matter which Navtab I am on when I click into Navigation Bar the active tab is changed to Articles within which I have a blank Subnav. Above that though the items in the Subnav for the Forums tab are displayed in the click and drop boxes,

Is there anyway I could fix this?

Attached is what I get when I have the Forums Navtab selected and I click the Navigation Tab button. Note the Articles tab has become selected with a blank Subnav and the items in the Subnav for the Forums tab are displayed in the click and drop boxes.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	30.4 KB ID:	4414642
    Last edited by woodmj; Tue 7 May '19, 12:07am.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The Navigation Bar editor will choose the first tab. To edit the sub-nav of a different tab, click its right arrow in the list of Main Navigation items. You'll see it is blue for your Articles tab in the screen shot. That means you've selected that sub-nav. Click the arrow for Forums and its sub-nav will show and that arrow will turn blue.

To make sure items show under to proper tab, then edit their URLs and the Navigation item to include the URL ident of the parent tab. So if your Forums tab URL is /forums then add /forums/ to the beginning of the pages in its sub-nav and update the navigation items to match.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• woodmj
      • Mar 2013

Many thanks Wayne Luke I get this one now :-)

Comment

• AScherff
        • Jun 2008

Klicking on the main-nav Item with a sub-nav will not show the sub-nav...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by AScherff
          Klicking on the main-nav Item with a sub-nav will not show the sub-nav...
          It should. This is a different issue. Please upgrade to the latest version (5.5.1). If that doesn't resolve the problem, please open a topic and provide the information requested in Required Information to Obtain Support.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• AScherff
            • Jun 2008

ok, you are right. Problem was the link from the main-nav entry.

Comment