Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jskoh
    • Apr 2007

image too big to upload from mobile

hi. anybody can tell me how to have image auto resize photo or any mod can do this?
    im having this problem. as you know, nowaday all mobile.

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The system will attempt auto-resize uploaded images if you have a valid Image Library specified under Settings -> Options -> Image Settings. This has been a standard feature since at least vBulletin 3.0.0. However, you're going to be limited by your server settings in PHP and MySQL as well. Uploads have to be processed through them before vBulletin gets to them.

What is the exact error that users are getting when trying to upload images? This will help us determine what you need to change in your settings.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      • Aug 2000

Uploading an image via iphone

Click image for larger version  Name:	141CE0C7-1F06-44FC-9CAE-5C3A69D59171.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	242.2 KB ID:	4414320
      Attached Files

Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jskoh
        • Apr 2007

as i tried upload using my mobile. it say that my file is too big 3456 x 4608. there dimension limit. so i thought it will auto resize it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

Your config.php file is out of date. We've increased the maximum dimensions in the past. Open you /core/includes/config.php and look for "IMAGE PROCESSING OPTIONS". The current default for newer versions of vBulletin is:

Code:
              // ******** IMAGE PROCESSING OPTIONS ********
              // Images that exceed either dimension below will not be resized by vBulletin.
              // If you need to resize larger images, alter these settings.
          $config['Misc']['maxwidth'] = 4608;
          $config['Misc']['maxheight'] = 4608;
          That should be sufficient for most 12 Megapixel cameras and should cover the majority of mobile devices. You can increase this but you'll need to make sure that your PHP settings can handle the larger files as well. You should also make sure that your site is set to store file attachments in the file system, not the database. Storing attachments in the database can cause performance issues and incurs more restrictions.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment