Table for topic urls

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    How did you change your site from Latin1 to UTF8MB4? I am guessing that you're using Arabic. It is the only language that causes problems. Mostly because the characters were stored as HTML entities and not characters at all.

Numbers 2 and 3 aren't even related.

For 1, you cannot use UTF-8 in a URL. It must be encoded. There should be nothing that stops these URLs from working.

For 2, attachments only use a nodeid. Are stored by UserID. Both of these are numbers.

For 3, This would create new nodes with their own URLS based on the Private Message Channel. This channel isn't even exposed where you can change the name of it.

Leave a comment:

• Blackhorse
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Topic URLs aren't really stored. They are generated based on the location of the topic, the starting post's nodeid and the title of the topic. What specifically are you trying to do?
    I have successfully changed my site from Latin1 to utf8mb4 and the Arabic/Hebrew/old eastern characters appeared back in the database.

I changed config file to utf8mb4

BUT i am facing big problem with:

1- Topic urls all encoded and now not linked to all google links at all !!, If i am able to restore them to pick the topic title as before it will work
    2- All images and avatars disappeared or with broken links
    3- pm registration problem !

I really need a real help to revive the site, i have succeeded to jump a big step and don;t want to lose or return back!

Thank you Wayne Luke

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Topic URLs aren't really stored. They are generated based on the location of the topic, the starting post's nodeid and the title of the topic. What specifically are you trying to do?

Leave a comment:

• Blackhorse
    started a topic Table for topic urls

Table for topic urls

Hello,

At which MySQL table are Vb 5 connect Topics' urls stored?

Is there anyway to update table in database to be the same as topic name??

Thanx