Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -=|zami|=-
    • Feb 2009

users awaiting moderation

friends, please, after upgrading to 550 version, I have the following problem:

- in admincp >> users >> moderate users >> user manager >> Users Awaiting Moderation I have a list with 25 users waiting for moderation, correct?
    - after accepting these users and clicking "continue", I am currently being redirected to admincp >> users >> search for users. previously, after clicking "continue", I was redirected back to "Users Awaiting Moderation" and continued moderation of the other users.
    - I know that on the "search for users" page there is the quick link "List Users Awaiting Moderation", but the direct redirection to "Users Awaiting Moderation" after clicking "continue" makes it easier for those who have many users to moderate. the work is much faster, without having to go through the "search for users" page.

is there any way to revert to the old redirection, ie after clicking "continue", be redirected to the "Users Awaiting Moderation" page?

other doubts:
    - is there any way to increase the number of users waiting for moderation in "Users Awaiting Moderation" page? 50, 100, 500 ...?
    - is there any way to sort these users waiting for moderation by registration date, IP number, country, email ...? currently there is only alphabetical order by user name.

thanks !!
  • OrganForum
    • Feb 2013
    • 5.7.X

The current Users Awaiting Moderation page is less than useful because, as you note, there is no way to page through the list. I'm using AdminCP->Users->Prune/Move Users instead. Not as convenient, and emails don't get sent, but at least you can view the entire list.
    VB 5.7.2
    PHP 7.4
    MySQL 8.0.28

Comment

• -=|zami|=-
      • Feb 2009

Thanks for the collaboration!
      but this solution is not good for us.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

There is an open issue on this here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-16365

However, it has zero votes and hasn't been able to gain traction compared to other outstanding issues.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• -=|zami|=-
          • Feb 2009

Thank you Wayne!

but this link only solves the problem of limiting 25 users per page, correct? I voted because I think it's an important modification.

but at the moment, my main problem is the new redirection.
          Is there a way to revert to the old redirect, ie after you click "continue", be redirected to the "Users waiting for moderation" page?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Well the list was never designed to handle hundreds of users. If you're moderating new registrations, they should be approved or deleted from the list as soon as possible. Pagination would allow you to handle more than 25 at once. Pagination would also help account for the redirect.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• -=|zami|=-
              • Feb 2009

I understand. I think it will be very good when the change is made.

but as I said, my main problem is not the number of users that appear in the list, but the change in re-routing after clicking "continue."
              - in admincp >> users >> moderate users >> user manager >> Users Awaiting Moderation
              - after accepting these users and clicking "continue", I am currently being redirected to admincp >> users >> search for users. previously, after clicking "continue", I was redirected back to "Users Awaiting Moderation" and continued moderation of the other users.
              - I know that on the "search for users" page there is the quick link "List Users Awaiting Moderation", but the direct redirection to "Users Awaiting Moderation" after clicking "continue" makes it easier for those who have many users to moderate. the work is much faster, without having to go through the "search for users" page.

is there any way to revert to the old redirection, ie after clicking "continue", be redirected to the "Users Awaiting Moderation" page?

thanks!!!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

There are no options in the software to change the redirection. The pagination would have to be added so the proper redirection is used.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• -=|zami|=-
                  • Feb 2009

Thank you Wayne!

I'm sorry but it was a very bad change for anyone who has a forum with many users to moderate daily. made the work slower. I think they did not think of customers like this.
                  Can you tell me how to file a formal request to return to the previous condition?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

The fix is not to revert to vBulletin 4 coding. That will just cause more problems than it solves. As an example of code changes:
                    • The vBulletin 4.x admincp directory has 73 items. The includes directory has 208 items. These total 9 megabytes of code.
                    • In vBulletin 5.5.2, the /core/admincp has 61 items and the /core/includes folder is 81 items. These total 4.1 megabytes of code.

The solution is to add pagination to the functionality. I linked the bug report for that above. Not really trying to push the issue off but fixing things incorrectly just prevents us from resolving other issues and increases workload. We've done that a lot in the past and are paying for it now.
                    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 15 Apr '19, 7:19pm.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

You can hack this. I can't provide official support for this change as it changes the default files.

In /core/admincp/user.php find this line:

Code:
                        $users = vB_Api::instanceInternal('user')->find(array('usergroupid' => 4), array(), 'username', 'ASC');
                      Change it to:

Code:
                        $users = vB_Api::instanceInternal('user')->find(array('usergroupid' => 4), array(), 'username', 'ASC', 0, 250);
                      The page should show up to 250 users. You may need to adjust the number so you don't run out of memory.

The find the line:
                      Code:
                      print_stop_message2('user_accounts_validated', 'user', array('do' => 'modify'));
                      Change it to:
                      Code:
                      print_stop_message2('user_accounts_validated', 'user', array('do' => 'moderate'));
                      The changes will be overwritten when you upgrade. If these changes break your AdminCP, then you will need to revert them or replace the /core/admincp/user.php with an unedited version from your download package.
                      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 16 Apr '19, 10:56am.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment