Clear All
  • onkeljan
    • Aug 2010
    • 5.3.x

Vbulletin 5 Facebook login-button not accepted by Facebook

Today i got this mail from Facebook:

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, the button we were initially referring to is located on your Forums. We apologize for the vague initial e-mail. To make it a bit clearer, we've attached the violating button in this e-mail. We would kindly ask you to use the button from https://developers.facebook.com/docs...s#buttondesign , just to avoid any possible user confusion. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us and please keep us updated on your progress.

Bottom line is that the facebook login button in Vbulletin 5 is not accepted by Facebook, if i dont change it to the "correct" one they will disable my app.

So how to change it?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

That button design is used on the Mobile Apps which is what you would need Facebook API Approval. The mobile apps use the button format used in their examples.

If you only use the Web API for browser support, you do not need to have Facebook approve the site.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• onkeljan
      • Aug 2010
      • 5.3.x

Maybe i dont understand what you mean here, but the mail I received from Facebook was regarding the computer version of the Vbulletin forum. There is not mentioned any mobile app.

Mail:

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, the button we were initially referring to is located on your Forums. We apologize for the vague initial e-mail. To make it a bit clearer, we've attached the violating button in this e-mail. We would kindly ask you to use the button from https://developers.facebook.com/docs...s#buttondesign , just to avoid any possible user confusion. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us and please keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks,

Luka
      Facebook

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bilstereoforumet_-_8.3.png
Views:	147
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	4412722

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

I am saying the "Computer" version doesn't need to be approved by Facebook. There is no easy way to change this icon.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• onkeljan
          • Aug 2010
          • 5.3.x

So your suggestion is that I should just wait it out, until facebook most likely will ban my application that the users use to connect to our site?

Here is the first mail which seems very clear to me that this inquery is not up for any discussion with Facebook:

Hi,

In working to create a great Platform experience for everyone, we ask developers to ensure the apps they build comply with our Platform Policies. Your app Bilstereoforumet (AppId: 402156423902351) doesn't comply with the following:

Platform Policy 8.3: Use a clearly branded "Login with Facebook" button and follow the Facebook Brand Guidelines: https://www.facebookbrand.com/.

Your Login button doesn't properly reference Facebook. To fix this issue, you should always use our official SDK for Login. For more information on Login best practices, check out the Login section of our developer documents: https://developers.facebook.com/docs...s#buttondesign.

You can access the full list of our Platform Policies here: https://developers.facebook.com/policy/.

Please make the requested changes by 2019-04-15 at 12:00 PST.

Let us know when you've updated your app by replying to this email. If we do not hear back from you, your app will be subject to enforcement. If you have outstanding questions, respond here and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks, Eliana

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Create a new APP ID and Secret. Don't ask Facebook to review your site. It isn't needed. The most this will impact your users is that they will need to log in again.

Otherwise you can create an improvement request using the Tracker link in the header of the page to have the button updated. I wouldn't be able to give you an update on when it would be processed or added to the system.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• onkeljan
              • Aug 2010
              • 5.3.x

I cant remember asking facebook to review my site. I cant find a place to select/deselect it now trying to make a new app either. Where is this option supposed to be located?

I have made a new app now. Only difference is that i didnt include the Privacy Policy URL or the Terms of Service URL. I cant give facebook less information than i have now.
              Last edited by onkeljan; Thu 11 Apr '19, 11:44am.

Comment