• 4.2.x

emoticons show broken image

the emoticons in messages and on the site are showing a broken image
    StudentFilmmakers Forums
    http://www.studentfilmmakers.com/forums
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Do they show correctly in the AdminCP under Smilies -> Smilie Manager?

Are they using a proper URL in the Smilie Manager? You cannot reference HTTP URLs while using HTTPS.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mr.kim
      • Oct 2009
      • 4.2.x

They don't show correctly. Who can I tell what the URL is? Where is the URL.They are in the core and exactly where they are supposed to be but the AdminCP under Smilies only shows two images. It has the text characters but not the images. the only ones that show and image are the roll eyes and confused. its' like a malicious hacker stunt.
      StudentFilmmakers Forums

Comment

• mr.kim
        • Oct 2009
        • 4.2.x

More info: On the server they are .png and in the AdminCP they are .gif and the ones that are working are not only called .png but they don't have the path images/smilies/sad.gif it also looks like a lot of them are missing from the server. Is there a smilies pack I can download and upload? ok, I am editing this message. I fixed the ones that were on the server by changing the file extension and I am going to upload the others I downloaded from vbulleting.org
        Last edited by mr.kim; Sun 31 Mar '19, 1:14pm.
        StudentFilmmakers Forums

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

We ship with 16 smilies. All the files are located in /core/images/smilies in the default download. They should have a PNG extension. We haven't shipped smilies with a GIF extension for a decade now. By default the system looks for smilies in the /core/images/smilies directory. Images in this directory do not need a path specified.

If you have added additional Smilies, you would have to guarantee that their files are at /core/images/smilies or whatever subdirectory is specified in the smilie manager.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• random_pawn00
            • Oct 2019

Smilies broken on v5-5-4. Confirmed the images (PNG) are located in /core/images/smilies/ . admincp is looking for GIF at /images/smilies/.

I am going to attempt to fix this in my admincp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	v-5-5-4-admincp-gif smilies.png
Views:	351
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	4424074

Comment

• galey801
              • Apr 2006
              • 3.8.x

I have the same problem after upgrade from 3.8.11 to 5.6.2. All smilies are pointing at old paths. Is there a way to point Smilie Manager at the new path ../core/images/smilies? I'm not seeing an option to specify the smilie folder path.

random_pawn00 did you manage to fix yours through AdminCP?

Comment

• galey801
                • Apr 2006
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by galey801
                I have the same problem after upgrade from 3.8.11 to 5.6.2. All smilies are pointing at old paths. Is there a way to point Smilie Manager at the new path ../core/images/smilies? I'm not seeing an option to specify the smilie folder path.

random_pawn00 did you manage to fix yours through AdminCP?
                I individually edited each smilie to remove the HTTP URLs and change them to relative paths. This has fixed them but was time consuming. I only had to do 70 of them, I would hate to do more. Coincidentally I also had to do the 11 built in ones as the old site URL had been inserted at the beginning of their file paths as well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...