Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Omeka
    • Jul 2004

Big problem and my ignorance

After a long time due to family problems, I decided to install a new forum starting from the last version 5.5.1. I created the database, I installed the new version on my domain, I insert the license key, I create the config file with all the data, I delete the makeconfig.php file, but then blank page and I don't want to go on with the installation.
    cpsrvd 11.76.0.18
    Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73
    PHP extension: mysqli Curl documentation mbstring documentationDocumentation
    PHP version: 7.2.7
    I wonder where I went wrong. Thank you and good day.

Log Error

[13-Mar-2019 10:52:07 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class vB_dB_Assertor, because the name is already in use in /home/nqkiktif/lostregonebeneventocalcio.it/forum/core/vb/db/assertor.php on line 18
    [13-Mar-2019 10:53:05 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class vB_dB_Assertor, because the name is already in use in /home/nqkiktif/lostregonebeneventocalcio.it/forum/core/vb/db/assertor.php on line 18
    https://traduzioni-italiane.it/
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Are you using MySQL 5.5.8 at least?

I am just wondering where you're getting the "libmysql - 5.1.73" from. Using PHP 7.1 through PHP 7.3, my client API Library for MySQl is mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev. On multiple servers.

To use vBulletin 5.5.1, you need to have either the mysqli or mysqlnd and nd_mysqli libraries installed in PHP. You must be using a minimum version of MySQL 5.5.8 though it is recommended to use MySQL 5.7 or higher. If you are using MariaDB, we recommend at least version 10.2.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 13 Mar '19, 9:55am.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• vbSuperfan
      • Jun 2019
      • 5.3.x

I'm posting this in this oldish thread since Google refers to it when googling the "Cannot declare class vB_dB_Assertor" error message.

This problem just happened to me too (on a local XAMPP install on Windows, with PHP 7.3.8 and MariaDB 10.4.6), and the solution mentioned here worked for me, i.e. to change:

Code:
      $config['Database']['dbtype'] = '';
      to:

Code:
      $config['Database']['dbtype'] = 'mysqli';
      in the /core/includes/config.php file.

For some strange reason, the installer's first stage fails to fill in this value, which in turn cause this critical problem. Very strange?!

Comment

• hhumas
        hhumas commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks . it helped while installing on localhost
    • Wayne Luke
      • Aug 2000

The value should default to mysqli in the downloaded file. It shouldn't be changed at any time. It really doesn't need to be exposed in the /core/includes/config.php file at this time but simply hasn't been removed.

Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• vbSuperfan
        • Jun 2019
        • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        The value should default to mysqli in the downloaded file. It shouldn't be changed at any time. It really doesn't need to be exposed in the /core/includes/config.php file at this time but simply hasn't been removed.
        Not sure what you mean by "should default to mysqli in the downloaded file", but it indeed didn't default to anything (was left blank) in the /core/includes/config.php file when I ran the install wizard with nothing entered by me in that field (which specified that it would default to mysqli), which was apparently in turn the entire reason for this reported crash problem to begin with.

So, something seems to be wrong with the installation process under certain conditions, resulting in this blank value in the /core/includes/config.php file, in turn resulting in a fatal crash and impossibility to resume the second stage of the install process.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

If you don't enter a value into makeconfig.php, it will take your empty string and break the config.php file. You should enter mysqli into the field.

That is a definitely an issue and that entire makeconfig code needs to be rewritten. However, now that we have removing the value from the /core/includes/config.php file altogether, it will be ignored from there.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment