Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mellnik
    • Jan 2012

[Bug / Issue] reCAPTCHA fails due to unknown error

- I have setup reCAPTCHAv2 using the public and private key.
    - I have verified that my server can connect to Google (curl https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify) response is OK.

Now when I register I get this error message:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	why.JPG Views:	0 Size:	11.7 KB ID:	4409313

According to the source code of vBulletin, there is a temporary file created for API requests. So I also ensured file and folder permissions are correct.

vBulletin 5.5.0
    Ubuntu 18.04
    nginx 1.14.2
    PHP 7.2
    mariadb 10.1
  • Mellnik
    • Jan 2012

Installing php-curl package fixed it. Very good that this is nowhere mentioned in the install instructions neither a notice when installing the forum. Good job

Comment

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

From the page linked in the comment above:

Recommended Requirements

The following settings and software packages are not required but will make your vBulletin experience more enjoyable. Your hosting provider can tell you whether these are available on your server.
    • PHP 7.x or greater
    • MySQL 5.7 or greater.
    • cURL or OpenSSL support – Allows secure connections to third-party services like Facebook Connect.
    • MySQLi support – MySQLi is a more robust software library to connect to the database that vBulletin uses.
    • Iconv support – A library that provides extra language and character set support.
    • OpCode Cache – An OpCode Cache like APC or XCache will enhance the performance of your vBulletin software. An OpCode Cache is a caching mechanism that can significantly increase the performance of vBulletin by pre-parsing the PHP files and keeping commonly used data in memory for rapid retrieval.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment