X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zweeper
    • Jan 2005
    • 6.0.X

Mass pm to all members

Hey, Can the Admin send a private Message To all members?
  • zweeper
    • Jan 2005
    • 6.0.X

and also I would like to know if it is possible to

- admin can delete ALL PMs in the VB system
    - delete all PM older than X days (also by cron job)

Comment

• delicjous
      • Mar 2014
      • 6.X

No its not possible to send masspm without a mod. There is one in vB.org's mod section which is not working before change some code of it. If you need it just PM me.

Delete should be possible with nodetools, but I don't know for shure.

Comment

• zweeper
        • Jan 2005
        • 6.0.X

Hey, isn't there a fast way to realize this? It is really important for me to send a PM to all Users today.
        I also offer some cash per paypal for a quick solution

Comment

• In Omnibus
          • Apr 2010

Sending a mass PM to all members is spam. Post a Notice.

Comment

• In Omnibus
            In Omnibus commented
            Editing a comment
            Members have the ability to refuse administrator emails. They do not have the ability to refuse administrator private messages. If you're sending the same message to everyone it doesn't need to be private. The purpose of private messaging is to communicate something to one person or a few people that isn't for public consumption.

• imager
            imager commented
            Editing a comment
            As far as I can see, TapaTalk users don't see notices?

• Wayne Luke
            Wayne Luke commented
            Editing a comment
            You can send a mass email to users under Users -> Send Email to Users. You can override the option to prevent emails from Administrators on the same form. If you're using the email server provided by your hosting provider, they may not approve of this action and sanction your account.
        • Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by zweeper
          Hey, isn't there a fast way to realize this? It is really important for me to send a PM to all Users today.
          This has never been a built-in feature.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• user
            • Jun 2010

I understand this is an old topic, but surely there must be a way for administrators to contact all users (or a group) if there is an information of utmost urgency.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

There is no Mass PM system in vBulletin 5 however you can email all users via:

AdminCP > Users > Send Email to Users

This option has been around since at least vB3.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Malestrom
                Malestrom commented
                Editing a comment
                vb5 cloud
                When I send an email to all members from the administrator control panel (needed to alert members the site was back on line after a long disruption) I see the list of names scroll by in groups of 100, one page at a time. I have two questions:
                Is there a log of this process after completion that I can then review?
                If I log out of he admin control panel before the task has complete will the task continue to completion or is it halted?

• Wayne Luke
                Wayne Luke commented
                Editing a comment
                Is there a log of this process after completion that I can then review?
                Not of each individual email. It will log that the process was run in the Administrator log.

If I log out of he admin control panel before the task has complete will the task continue to completion or is it halted?
                Generally, speaking if you leave any AdminCP tool while it is running, it will stop the process.
            • Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by user
              but surely there must be a way for administrators to contact all users (or a group) if there is an information of utmost urgency.
              Administrators have access to the Notices system in the AdminCP under Notices → Notices Manager. This can be used to relay information to users either site wide or in a single channel. There is one such Notice currently at the top of this page.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	CleanShot 2022-11-23 at 09.29.02.png Views:	0 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	4476685

Administrators can also email users in mass within the AdminCP. Even directly through vBulletin (Users → Send Email to Users) or through generating an email list (Users → Generate Email List).

Both of these options provide a variety of options and shortcodes that can be used to fine tune who receives the message, Emails support HTML and you can further customize Notices with CSS.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...