X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flowerfairy
    • Feb 2019
    • 5.3.x

[Bug / Issue] Turning off forums throws error message

If I turn off the forums from admincp, rather than the text entered in the box, I get the following error message:

A System Error has occured.

The software is experiencing a systems error.

You should attempt to repeat your last action. If this error occurs again, please contact the site administrator.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

If you can log into the AdminCP, go to Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Set the expiration days for Administrators to 0. Or update the Administrator's password. You shouldn't get the error anymore.

If you cannot log in, you can use tools.php in your do_not_upload directory to turn the site back on. You can find out more about tools.php here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/arti...sing-tools-php
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Flowerfairy
      • Feb 2019
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      If you can log into the AdminCP, go to Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Set the expiration days for Administrators to 0. Or update the Administrator's password. You shouldn't get the error anymore.

If you cannot log in, you can use tools.php in your do_not_upload directory to turn the site back on. You can find out more about tools.php here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/arti...sing-tools-php
      Thanks for your prompt reply. If I turn it off, I can still access the forum and admincp, but if I try to view it logged out as any non admin would, it throws the error instead of the text that's in the box saying the forums are off, please come back soon, etc.

Comment