Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UKCobra
    • Aug 2002

Error when trying to move a thread

Trying to move a thread as it is posted in the wrong channel. I get a 500 error saying cannot move it. It is intermittent, so when it next happens I'll take a screen shot.
    Is this a filesystem permissions issue ?

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

A 500 error is a general server error. It's not an error directly related to the vBulletin software.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

This is a known issue in vBulletin 5 at this time. We haven't been able to track it down and resolve it because it is so intermittent and difficult to reproduce on demand. Even Unit Tests haven't been able to trigger it reliably. However, if you refresh the page after the error occurs, you should see that the system did in fact move the message. We will continue to try and track it down as it occurs on this site as well.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• OrganForum
        OrganForum commented
        Editing a comment
        I had this occur today, as well as previously. The working badge is displayed for a long time - seems like well over a minute - followed by the 500 error. I think the ajax call to the server never returns to the client, and the client reports the 500 error. As you said, if you refresh the page either while the Working badge is displayed, or after the 500 error is displayed, the move has been made.
    • ClarkNovak
      • Sep 2012
      • 4.2.X

I'll dip into this discussion Wayne Luke - I'm running vB 5.5.5 and I get the 500 error every single time I try to move individual threads. Oddly, it does not happen if I am doing a mass move between channels. If access to my system will help you suss this, please let me know; it's highly frustrating.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

What are the entries for the 500 server error in your httpd logs?

I encounter the same thing on this site on occasion. Unfortunately, I can never recreate it on demand.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment