Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to move all users to a secondary usergroup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to move all users to a secondary usergroup?

I would like to set up a rule for all newly registered users to first introduce themselves in the introductions forum on our site. Therefor I set up a new usergroup with the exact same permissions as the current Registered Users usergroup. The "old" Registered Users" usergroup now needs to get access only to the introductions forum. A promotion (1 post) will move new users to the new usergroup with all permissions.

Now, when I was reading this tutorial, it is mentioned that a scheduled task will automatically promote existing users to the new group. However, the promotion will only apply to users that have made at least 1 post. I would like the new promotion only to affect newly created users. How do I move all current members with 0 posts to the new usergroup other than manually or through the database?

EDIT: Please disregard the word "secondary" in the title and replace with "new".
    Last edited by ssfnl; Thu 7th Feb '19, 12:48am.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/arti...new-users-only
    You could follow the instructions and allow the registered users to post only in your introducing forum... after first post promote the users like described in the article.
    vBulletin-forum.de | Das deutschsprachige vBulletin 5 Forum! | Widgets, Mods und Anleitungen auf deutsch.
    Latest Profile-Visitors, Disable-Postcount, Auto-close Threads, Latest Likes, Top-Posters, FavIcon Notifications, Memberlist-Name-Search, New&Free: vB5 MemberMap

Comment

Thanks for your answer delicjous . The issue is with the existing users that have 0 posts, where I only want the new rule to apply to newly registered users.

Comment

• delicjous
        delicjous commented
        Editing a comment
        This is not possible with only one promotion and not good realizable by another one. Only chance could be a mod/ add-on to do this after 1 post.
    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X