How to move all users to a secondary usergroup?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ssfnl
    • Jun 2017

How to move all users to a secondary usergroup?

I would like to set up a rule for all newly registered users to first introduce themselves in the introductions forum on our site. Therefor I set up a new usergroup with the exact same permissions as the current Registered Users usergroup. The "old" Registered Users" usergroup now needs to get access only to the introductions forum. A promotion (1 post) will move new users to the new usergroup with all permissions.

Now, when I was reading this tutorial, it is mentioned that a scheduled task will automatically promote existing users to the new group. However, the promotion will only apply to users that have made at least 1 post. I would like the new promotion only to affect newly created users. How do I move all current members with 0 posts to the new usergroup other than manually or through the database?

EDIT: Please disregard the word "secondary" in the title and replace with "new".
    Last edited by ssfnl; Thu 7 Feb '19, 12:48am.
  • delicjous
    • Mar 2014
    • 6.X

To help combat spam, many users opt to have new user’s posts moderated until they’ve made a specific number of posts. This allows the Admin/Moderator team to keep potentially malicious posts out of the

You could follow the instructions and allow the registered users to post only in your introducing forum... after first post promote the users like described in the article.

Comment

• ssfnl
      • Jun 2017

Thanks for your answer delicjous . The issue is with the existing users that have 0 posts, where I only want the new rule to apply to newly registered users.

Comment

• delicjous
        delicjous commented
        Editing a comment
        This is not possible with only one promotion and not good realizable by another one. Only chance could be a mod/ add-on to do this after 1 post.
    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...