X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impact
    • Oct 2014
    • 5.1.x

Admins unable to access AdminCP

Hello - we are running vBulletin 5.4.4. Today in the process of updating to 5.5, I discovered that myself and 3 other admins to our forum are able to see the "edit site" button, but when attempting to toggle it on to access AdminCP, none of us are able to do so. This occurred on the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Please advise - we're running a research study on the forums and need to access the dashboard pretty urgently - thanks!

Kathryn
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Do you see any Javascript error in the dev console? (Press F12, then open Console tab)

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• impact
      • Oct 2014
      • 5.1.x

Glenn Vergara Here are the errors I'm getting (please see photo attached):

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

The Javascript files for 5.4.4 are missing and the site isn't requesting the new Javascript from 5.5.0. After uploading the new vBulletin 5.5.0 files, did you run the upgrade script? You don't need to access the AdminCP for this purpose. Simply point your browser at /core/install/upgrade.php to run the upgrade script.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• impact
          • Oct 2014
          • 5.1.x

thanks. I've passed this along to our IT folks (I'm just the messenger) - looks like trying to upgrade to 5.0 required a PHP update which then broke some other websites we have, so if I continue to lack access to AdminCP after all the upgrades are completed I will let you know.

Comment