• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delicjous
    • Mar 2014
    • 6.X

Advanced search sort order

Hi,

is there an option to select the sort order on advanced search page per user? I did not find anything but I have some users with sort order "Relevance" and I have "Date - last update" as my default. Can users change default sort order?

vB 5.4.3 (updated from vB4 long time ago)
    Last edited by delicjous; Wed 30 Jan '19, 12:04am.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There is no way to store search preferences in the default software. The module has no options available through normal editing. The default sort order is Relevance.

Where are you seeing that users have different settings?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• delicjous
      • Mar 2014
      • 6.X

When Iam enter any search-word and press search I see search-results-widget and my sort order is "Date - last update". Other users get relevance by default. Don't know why Iam get last update instead of relevance and don't find any option to set it up! Also here at vbulletin.com forum. If I search any word like connect, my sort order is "Date - last update"... confusing

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

If you use the search box in the header of the page, the default result is "Date - Last Update". This is not an advanced search.

If you click on the arrow in the search box and choose "Advanced Search" the default is relevance.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• delicjous
          delicjous commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Wayne, I think I speak about a different thing then the users do :-/