Is there anyway to get email notifications for new posts that are moderated?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macromotion
    • Aug 2018
    • 5.3.x

Is there anyway to get email notifications for new posts that are moderated?

I've searched the forum and found a number of topics related to this but it doesn't appear to be a feature yet.

Here's my scenario:
    1. New user registers and is added to "Registered Users" by default. "Skip Moderation" is set to NO
    2. New user posts (in the forum/channel of his choice) and the topic is moderated
    3. Admin manually checks message center, discovers the post, approves the post
    4. Promotion runs (within an hour) and New user is moved to "Approved Users" where "Skip Moderation" is set to YES
    This works fine but the Admin always has to manually check the moderation queue for these new messages. Often, there are no messages there. So, this is pretty inefficient and time consuming spread over the course of a day.

Is there any way for the Admin to receive an email notification for (a) any new topic that is moderated or (b) any new topic that is created by a "Registered User"?

This feels like it ought to be a fairly easy tweak if there's currently no way to do this and it would be a huge time saver for anyone who's moderating new users.
    HomeSeer Website | Store | Message Board
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can choose to be notified of every new post or new topic in the AdminCP under Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions. Edit your user and scroll to the bottom. However, this doesn't differentiate between moderated posts or those that skip moderation.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• macromotion
      • Aug 2018
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You can choose to be notified of every new post or new topic in the AdminCP under Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions. Edit your user and scroll to the bottom. However, this doesn't differentiate between moderated posts or those that skip moderation.
      Every new post of topic? OMG, no! That would be even more inefficient. We get hundreds of new posts a day. No, we'd just want to know about the new moderated topics or new topics from the moderated usergroup. Could there me a mod for this (no pun intended)?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

There are two options...

All new Posts.
        All new Topics.

There could be a mod. I don't think there is one though. You'd have to look. Or you could log a feature request in the Issue Tracker linked in the header.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• macromotion
          • Aug 2018
          • 5.3.x

.. Or you could log a feature request in the Issue Tracker linked in the header.
          I have no idea what that means!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

It is how users create feature requests or report bugs for the software. The developers then prioritize them and fix them.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• macromotion
              • Aug 2018
              • 5.3.x

It is how users create feature requests or report bugs for the software. The developers then prioritize them and fix them.
              OK, should have been more precise. Sorry. I have no idea how to do that.

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by macromotion

OK, should have been more precise. Sorry. I have no idea how to do that.
                Click the 'Tracker' link in the header, and then click "Report an issue".
                From the options that appear, either Feature Request or Improvement Request should be fine.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Mrs.T
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 6.0.X

I think if the red flag notification was added for posts awaiting moderation it would really help.

Comment

• Carrfixr
                    • May 2017
                    • 5.5.x

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle
                    I think if the red flag notification was added for posts awaiting moderation it would really help.

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...ssues/VBV-8460

You got that right Mrs.T

Comment