• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cristi_XP
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

Trash messages

Hello,

It seems that after upgrading to VB5 from VB3 I am having some issue with the trash for the PMs. For some users, they have a lot of deleted messages, before the upgrade, appeared in trash. For them to be able to delete all messages, 500, it takes a while because they can only select a 10 messages/ delete or something like that.

Is there a way to mass delete the trash for all users? Is there a way to deactivate the trash? Is there a way the user can clean up the trash without manually deleting PMs? I am using vbulletin 5.5.0.

Thanks!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There is currently no way to delete all private messages from the system. You can delete all of a user's private messages by selecting the option from the "Quick Links" menu on their User Profile in the AdminCP. There is no way to target just the "trash" folder because it doesn't really exist in vBulletin 5.

Users should be able to change the number of topics they see per page on the Account tab within the User Settings page. This should also apply to Private Messages. I believe the default options are 10, 20, 30, and 40 topics per page.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment