Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UKCobra
    • Aug 2002

Intermittent Signatures, Camera Icon & Human Verification

On Monday I had the VB team manage my upgrade from VB 4 to VB 5.

I have some unexplained intermittent issues, which I am guessing is some sort of permissions issue.

1. Why would the Share Photos icon be visible in some forums and not others ?
    2. Signature elements do not appear in all forums. Even mine as Admin are not appearing in places.
    3. Human Verification on registration is unreliable and does not recognise a correct answer.

As usual, I have tried to search for other people who have experience this to reuse any earlier solutions, but I guess as we are so late to the party from upgrading to VB4 to VB5. These issues may be new and related to the version we moved to from the last release of VB4.

Regards

Mark
    Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

1) This is controlled by a couple of permissions. Can Create Photo and Can Create Photo Gallery. If the channel doesn't have those permissions, it won't appear. You can edit permissions per channel under Channel Management -> Channel Permissions.

2) Do you have "Post Signatures Inline" set under Settings -> Options -> Topic Display Options set to Yes? There is also a Per User option on the Account tab of their settings page... /settings/account

3) There is a known issue where the human verification isn't properly reloaded if you initially get the answer incorrect. This should be resolved in 5.5.1. For the best scenario, using Recaptcha v.2 is your best option.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• UKCobra
      • Aug 2002

Thanks Wayne

1. I have changed the Permissions and am waiting on feedback. I expect this to fix the issue.
      2. Yes I have the Topic Display Options already set to yes. And it is set to Yes in the Settings > User Profile . My signature will appear sometimes. Does it also need a Channel Permission flag set ?
      3. I will look at alternative authentication options as you suggest.

Mark

P.S Went in and checked my Signature, even re-saved it. In my User Profile it is checked to display, but nothing does.
      Last edited by UKCobra; Wed 23 Jan '19, 1:30pm.
      Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

When you say the signature does not display...,is this immediately after making a post? As you would need to refresh the page for the signature to show. Others will see it immediately.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment