Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaMi3300
    • Sep 2018

Latest Topics Widget - How to hide Reply to and Comment on

Hi, is there any way how to hide in the Latest Topics Module Reply to and Comment on information? After both clean installation or migration from previous version of vB this default information appers. I would like to hide this, I would like to have it as it is in Latest Topics Module in your homepage. I was not able to find any settings in Latest Topics module in sitebuilder.
    Last edited by DaMi3300; Wed 23 Jan '19, 4:09am.
    Signature
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

In SiteBuilder if you edit the module you should see a checkbox option to the right of Members labeled "started posts only"

Comment

• DaMi3300
      • Sep 2018

Thank you. I turned this checkbox off, becuase I wanted to see not only a list of new topics but also a list of new posts. When I turn this checkbox on, I get a list of new topics only. Is there a way, how to have in this (or probably in a new one) module list of latest posts but without Reply to and Comment on information?
      Last edited by DaMi3300; Wed 23 Jan '19, 5:43am.
      Signature

Comment

• In Omnibus
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by DaMi3300
        Thank you. I turned this checkbox on, becuase I wanted to see not only list of new topics but also a list of new posts. When I turn this checkbox off, I get a list of new topics only. Is there a way, how to have in this (or probably in a new one) module list of latest posts but without Reply to and Comment on information?
        The search string for the "New Topics" search module is:

searchJSON=%7B%22view%22%3A%22topic%22%2C%22unread_only%22%3A1%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22lastco ntent%22%3A%22desc%22%7D%2C%22exclude_type%22%3A%5B%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22%5D%7D

OR:

searchJSON="view":"topic","unread_only":1,"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vbforum_privatemessage"]}

You can use either of the above in a search module to create the same new topics list vBulletin uses.

Comment

• DaMi3300
          • Sep 2018

I just studied this and it seems I am satisfied with this search filter settings:
          HTML Code:
          {"date":{"from":"5"},"sort":{"publishdate":"desc"},"view":"","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
          but the Reply to and Comment on information still remains in the the module. It seems I need to modify the css of this object/module.
          Signature

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The system will hide the Reply to and Comment on links if you specify starter only. However, this limits the output to topics. It will exclude replies and comments.

"starter_only":1
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment