Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UKCobra
    • Aug 2002

Upgrade to VB5 from VB4 - Removal of unwanted 'grey' bars

Had a VB facilitated upgrade from VB4 to VB5 today, and have been working with Trevor.

One issue that we have not been able to address yet is the introduction of some forum separator bars. Trevor has given me a suggestion, and it has not worked, or at least maybe, I have not executed it correctly. As he has been working with me from 7.30am this morning, I suspect his working day has ended.

I have added what my site looks like, and how I want it to look like (This VB forum is a good example of what I want it to look like)

So any pointers how to remove these unwanted separators ?

Many thanks
    Mark
    Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The grey bars are because your top level forums are not categories. You can see in the first screenshot that the grey bar is a category named "vBulletin 5 Connect". Without using categories, there aren't really any settings to remove these as it is a design aspect. You may be able to remove them with CSS but I don't have the specific CSS available at the moment.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• UKCobra
      • Aug 2002

Hi Wayne,
      Thanks for the prompt reply. Can I create Categories then to reconfigure it ?
      This did not occur under VB4, and the list of forums / sub forums was neat and not separated as it is in VB5.
      Thanks
      Mark

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You can make any forum a category by clicking the "Make Category" link within the Channel Manager in Site Builder or by Editing the Forum in the AdminCP under Channel Management -> Channel Manager and setting the option Act as Forum to No.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• UKCobra
          • Aug 2002

There was a missing } in the CSS code I was given yesterday, and this is what we have now inserted into the Additional CSS :

.forum-list-container .category-header {
          height: 0px;}

This works well and no bars. :-)

Comment